Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:47 PM   #1

There is a firmware update for the Z730
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...oadLanguage=en

The instructions emphasize that if you run out of energy during the firmware update you can disable the camera.
The original instructions that I downloaded said that you can do the whole thing in the camera dock if you have one, but I tried it and the software does not recognize that the camera is connected if you do it that way. Does anyone know, can I use the 5 volt AC adapter that comes with the dock to plug into the camera itself to supply energy while the firmware update is going on. Or do you need a special adapter for the camera itself. The adapter that comes with the dock does fit the camera.
Thanks for any help.
Rags
rags is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2006, 7:43 AM   #2

What is the nature of the update?

On a past forum I was given instructions on how to do a update on my girl friends dx 7590 that up graded the focus system. It involved down loading update to a sd memory chip and let the camera do it all.

Do a search on this forum for firmware update or dx7590 update

and see what comes up

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2006, 5:52 PM   #3

Thanks for responding Bill. It's an update to fix a problem with the long exposure.
I looked up the post, but there aren't really instructions. I've tried doing it with the camera on the dock and the camera connected by usb to the computer but I can't get the software to work with it that way. That's why I thought I could use the a/c adapter that comes with the dock and just plug the camera into it. But the consequences of things not working are so drastic I really want to make sure it will work before I try it.
Accoring to the instructions on the site I download the update onto the computer and then plug the camera into the computer via usb and use the easyshare software to update the camera. But apparently, if anything goes wrong the camera goes kaflooey and is completely ruined. Not an appealing prospect.
Rags

Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:44 PM   #4

Hey Rags!

I used method 2 when I did my girl friends DX7590.

Very easy just read instruction at bottom of your initial postings link.

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 12:59 PM   #5

Thanks for telling me. I don't have a card reader--I have the camera dock, so I'll have to use method one. Just have to get up the courage.
Rags
Old Mar 29, 2006, 7:50 PM   #6

Used Dock (Method 1) with my P880's firmware upgrade, worked great. I use a 6000 dock, if you do as well don't forget to push the one touch button on the dock after you've openned EasyShare Software. Make sure you have the latest software as well.
Thomasmeisch is offline   Reply With Quote