Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:36 PM   #1

I just got back from a week at DisneyWorld (WDW) and have taken seversl hundred shots with my camera. Each night or first thing the next morning I would Dl all my shots to my laptop and then delete the 512MB memory card. Twice when I did this the next time I used the camera the previous days shots were still there. Even though when I finished deleting the camera said there were no shots to view.

The first time this happened I figured I'd forgotten to delete the previous night. So after that I paid close attention to the delete process and it happened a 2nd time about 2 days later.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Otherwise I love the camera. The 10x zoom is really great and 5mp takes some great detail shots.

MikeS.
MikeS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2006, 9:04 AM   #2

On the side of the memory chip there is a slide switch to prevent deletion. You may have locked in the images in error.

Or

Is your camera telling you you continued to shoot beyond chip and gone into built in storage that must be down loaded seperatly.

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 4:27 PM   #3

Bill, nope and nope. Without touching or changing a thing I was able to go in and manually delete the earlier photos on both occasions. Of course I didn't want to delete all again since I'd been shooting new stuff that day. I didn't find the problem until the card was full. Manual deletion worked fine. The other 5 days delete all worked just fine too.

Mike
Old Mar 29, 2006, 5:40 PM   #4

I haven't heard of that problem before...Have you tried a different sd card to see if that does the same?

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 6:20 PM   #5

Sounds like a problem for the red and yellow team in Rochester, which has been farmed out to The Phillipines (bettercommand of American English than other tech supports in India).

Good Luck!

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 6:34 PM   #6

When you continually use and delete photos from a chip, a lot of "electronic garbage" is built up and continually left on the chip. I usually will only delete once, the next time I format the chip to clean off the "electronic garbage" that is gradually consuming more and more space on your chip. To delete a full chip is almost impossible because a chip requires some "working room/space" to be able to complete the delete photos command.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:34 AM   #7

Download your images to a file on your computer then format the card. If you don't reformat you'll build up a lot,,,,And I mean a lot of unwanted crap on the card. Format...Format..And format sum moor!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:28 AM   #8

BigDwag-

I think that was what I was saying in my post... Perhaps you were reinforcing the issue.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 1:58 PM   #9

Thanks people, I'll reformat the card. I'd never filled up the card before or even come close. I did a couple times in WDW but it'll be awhile before I do so again. Usually I shoot some and then DL to the PC.

MikeS.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 8:53 AM   #10

I'm sorry MT. I wasn't trying to do anything but state how I would do it and yes reinforce what you had said!! I don't think it can be said enough sometimes, like backing up your photos on a CD or DVD. I know my 512 SD card shows 500 photos when it is properly formatted but only 400 or so if I continue to delete. It would probably go lower if I didn't reformat it at that point!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote