Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:05 PM   #11

sw, that's a good point. maybe it's just something that we as consumers do now. by the way kodak actually told me that a 52mm filter would not (not could/should not) fit and that i had no options.
J.Sato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 8:38 PM   #12

I believe you will need the adapter tube to make it fit. If you don't use the adapter the lens will bump into the filter and stall out with the possibility of damage! The adapter tube will give the lens set enough space to extend on startup! That said the lens adapter Kodak sells will require a 55mm filter to fit it! I'm sure there are some 52mm adapters being sold but you need to know that they or any add on lens or filter will cause vignetting at the widest angle settings. That's just the nature of a very wide angle camera such as the P880! If you still want to use some 52mm filters and if you buy the Kodak adapter tube you can purchase a step down adapter that will allow a 52mm add on lens or filter to be used. But you need to know that the smaller thediameter of thefilter you use will cause even more vignetting problems at the wider lens settings! Again that is just the way it is with a very wide angle camera and lens set!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 3:49 PM   #13

Greetings J,

I suspect the rep was just following suggested information. They are talented but not all are photographers. Kodak does not sell a skylight filter or 1A filter and so it is not an option for them. There is an adapter and recommended accessories and that is what they would suggest. Although it is possible to attach a different filter such as a 1A, Kodak has not tested any of them and so cannot recommend.

Though the lenses may fit, I would be careful about adding too many filtersor any heavier accessories without the adapter.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 11:38 PM   #14

ron, thanks for your input... it sounds like you are an employee of eastman kodak. pllease let me share my feeelings about this with you. i was very excited about my new camera, as i had recommended purchasing and worked with a smaller kodak camera at my work. i believe in and would like to continue to support kodak, however, i was really very put off by the "run-around" type flavor of the replies, and really felt pretty let down by the kodak entity (having spent many years of photographing with kodak film/manual slr). i have also had many years in retail and understand the effect of proper customer service. i hope you can share some of this info with someone at kodak where it might make a difference. well, i hope to have a long and wonderful relationship with my p880. thanks, ron
Old Apr 10, 2006, 8:09 AM   #15

Hi J,

Yes, I do work for them. I am sorry that you did not get what you expected on the first time around. That certainly is not what Kodak wants, and as requested, I am going to make sure your experience is noted. Actually, we track responses regularly to make sure what is being shared is what it should be.

I am glad to help you J, and will be around if you need me. Let me know. In the meantime, I will take your voice to the right eyes.

You are going to love the P880 - - - Best camera we have put out there yet. Lots of features and options.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 12:00 AM   #16

i'm very glad that the internet can help facilitate forums such as these. and i'm glad that there are folks willing to share. thanks for your words ron. j