Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 31, 2006, 1:53 AM   #1

kodak has informed me that they do not have any solutions for me in regards to putting a "sky" lens/filter on their non-removable lens to use as protection (prevent scratches, etc). Does anyone have any suggestions ???
J.Sato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2006, 9:44 AM   #2

Go here and look at the lens adapter. Most Digicams require a lens adapter to install extra lens and filters. This one is made by Kodak for your camera.

http://kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.j...gory=EKN030484

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:47 AM   #3

hey dawg,
thanks for your reply... yeah, kodak said i could purchase an accessory adapter with a 55mm fitting, but then they went on to say that they did not have any such protective lens that i could buy and that a non-kodak lens would not fit (maybe because the threads aren't standard ????? this info is from their on-line customer service/support ctr. i'm wondering if the adapter can be used with something other than their proprietary accessories and their just not offering up that info... if so, they have some serious ethics issues.

Old Apr 1, 2006, 6:30 AM   #4

I have the Kodak lens adaptor on my P850 for just that purpose --- protection from the dust and grit that is blown around by the harsh dry winds of New Mexico. I keep a neutral filter on it, which has no effect on exposure that I can detect. And there is nothing non-standard about the threading.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:09 PM   #5

Do keep in mind that when you want to use the full wide angle potential of the Kodak P-880, you will have to remove than lens adapter to prevent vignetting.

MT (another P-880 user)
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 4:01 PM   #6

thanks for clearing up my options... not too sure why kodak couldn'tbe more forthright with the info... my sis bought me the camera to take with me to japan. i'll be sure to sheare some awesome pictures witht he forum now that i can quick freaking out about the potential hazards to my lens.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 4:05 PM   #7

thanks for the heads up when working with wide angle... i was afraid that that would happen. hopefully kodak will just put out a regular old screw on to the lens... thx
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:05 AM   #8

FaciaB, been looking at the various "neutral density" filters to purchase. what do you have ? i'm seeing varius types...#101 0.3-2x; #102 0.6-4x, Tiffen 0.9, multi-layered.. do you have any idea what this means... what i should get ? thx, j
Old Apr 2, 2006, 7:28 PM   #9

J.Sato wrote:
Quote:
thanks for clearing up my options... not too sure why kodak couldn'tbe more forthright with the info... my sis bought me the camera to take with me to japan. i'll be sure to sheare some awesome pictures witht he forum now that i can quick freaking out about the potential hazards to my lens.

Maybe because using the lens adapter and a filter is not desinged to be a lens protector. It's just something we do as consumers as a possible prevention.

As far as other brand filtersfitting the KODAK adapter. Why would they know what other brands fit.

Name all of the non DSLR point and shoot cameras that have removeable lenes.

sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:56 AM   #10

Sato, of all the members of this forum, I'm the cheapest and most utilitarian of them all. I use a cheapo Quantaray filter from Ritz Camera and really have no interest in how filters affect exposure quality. I only shoot boring photos of houses for sale at work and the occassional birthday party at home. Someone like BigDawg or mtclimber might be much better qualified to advise you on filters and similar accessories.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote