Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 2, 2006, 2:28 PM   #1

kodak customer support told me that i needed to use their lens accessory adapter to attach any lens accessory on my p880 (even a skylight/ND/UV filters)... this is not the case. any 52mm lens will simply crew on. i can't believe the ineptitude, or just palin lack of ethics of the representatives that kodak chooses to offer as "help" people. and when i called them on their mis-information, i did not get a reply...
J.Sato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2006, 5:43 PM   #2

They are not in the business of selling other brand products. Canon will not steer you into buying NIKON.Fuji will not steer you into buying Panasonic and so on. If you contact Olympus they will not tell you the T-CON works on the KODAK Z7590. They 'll tell you what Olympus cameras they disigned it for. Why would a KODAKemployee recommend a product other then the one they design for the camera in question. So whats the complaint? I don't see one.
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 7:09 PM   #3

i hear what you're saying. i was just taken aback by the lack of expected courtesy... they're solution to lens protection was keep you lens cap on when you're not using it... that was not a helpful solution. the meaning of "customer support" did not exist. but thank goodness for furms such as this.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 8:36 PM   #4

If Kodak were to say their products work well on non-Kodak cameras and your camera were to malfunction. The first thing you or a lawyer would ask Kodak would be is "did you test for compatibility with all non-Kodak camers?" and if the answered "no but people on various forums were pleased said they were pleased with their results" you would have a case against Kodak for saying it was compatible. The cost of testing would not be justified so Kodak will not risk liability for such a statment.

If you are happy with you results great, if you have a problem its yours not Kodaks.

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 8:54 PM   #5

Again................this is not just a KODAK thing. It's all manufactures of any and all products. Jaguar will never tell you that you can use the wheels from a XJR on a Pontiac Firebird wheather they fit or not. Then why would someone from Jag know what Jag wheels fit a Pontiac.
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:18 PM   #6

Whut RJ and Bill Sed!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:24 PM   #7

companies are out there to make money, yes, i know. i guess what ticked me off was that they just plain out lied in the first place.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:59 PM   #8

Their duplicity knows no boundries where money is concerned. Buyer beware! I know exactly what you mean. That is the reason for forums like this one. So you can sort through all the bullshit out there and make an informed decision!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 2:48 PM   #9

Greetings J,

Sorry you did not get the kind of answer you expected, J, I know this is certainly not what Kodak intends for those that come for help. Rather, Kodak tries to provide as much help and information as possible to our teams so they can answer with accuracy and, of course, respect.

Since Kodak does not test all the filter and accessory options that might be used with this camera, i.e. 52mm size, we can suggest what we have tested and offer. In this case they are accessories for the adapter in 55mm. The people on our teams are pretty talented, but not all are photographers so may not know the subtleties of some accessories and their features.

You are right, of course, it is possible to use some 52mm filters successfully on this camera. I am usually around the forum, though I have been on a project of late. Let me know if you have a particular need.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 9:45 PM   #10

thanks Dawg and Ron... i just keep getting replies from kodak that actually say that there are no options to put a filter on the lens and furthermore getting comments telling me that the p880 is not an slr.. i know that... no more beating this into the ground... thanks for hearing my (what i believe to be justified) frustration/disappointment. hopefully my next posting will be a photo of some beautiful something.:idea: