Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:36 PM   #1

Please delete this one post as it is a double one and I have deleted all data from this one!

Thank you Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:04 AM   #2

Where does the "...or not to polarize" part come in? Looks like youv'e answered your own question!

I like polarizing filters. You can get some of the effects in post processing, but you can't recover image detail that was lost to reflective "hot-spots" that polarizers minimize or eliminate.

My only concern with Dawg's recipe is the addition of the skylight filter. By itself, it's fine for lens protection, but stacking three filters -- all of which are likely of inferior optical quality to the lens -- seems like an invitation to cloudier images from internal reflections and other aberations.

Could be I'm just too anal...

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 12:32 AM   #3

I like you Grant but I have to say .....Maybe!! I get a consistantly good results from my stack. Also a Skylite filter does more than just protect the lens. It also filters out objectionable blue colors from the photo. It will intensify greens and blues plus help prevent you from blowing out the highlights in cloud and sky shots! As for the inferior lens you'll find that the Cokin system is not an inferior filter system! Nor is the tiffen sky 1-A less than it needs to be. I got mine very cheap and used and am more than happy with the results I get! So again I have to say......MAYBE!!! LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote