Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 4, 2006, 7:16 PM   #1

I'm considering purchasing the V530. But I have a few questions that I hope you guys can answer. Does the camera have a speaker so you can hear the sound from videos you took during playback on the camera itself? Can you see pictures and videos pretty nicely on the LCD with the 2" size?

I also wanted to know if it has a fast shutter speed. I am always trying to take pictures of moving animals and fish and they almost always end up blurry with my other camera. And I was wondering if this camera has panorama functions in the camera or with the included software at all?

Thanks so much for your input.
RaeRae1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2006, 8:29 PM   #2

I have bought the V530 online and should be receiving it in a few days. Before buying it, I had played around with it at the store. I did shoot a small video and it did play back with sound. The sound was not very loud though but I cannot tell if it was the loud noise environment in the store or the volume setting.

About the LCD resolution, it is one of the best in its class. It would be hard to find a nicer resolution LCD in its class. Please take a look at the comparison below between the Canon SD400 and the Kodak V530. Go to the row where it says LCD. Both have 2" LCDs and the pixels of the V530 is almost double and the Canon is about $100 more.
For me, a good resolution LCD plays a big role because I use it a lot to browse thru pictures and also use it to show it to others. I have a friend who had the Canon SD400 and I was not impressed at all with the LCD resolution although the image quality later was great.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...0&show=all

The specs also talk give the shutter speeds so maybe the numbers might help you figure out something about the shutter speed of the V530.
kcsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:22 PM   #3

Thanks for posting. I really like to have an optical viewfinder, so I purchased the V-550 and am really having fun with it.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:26 PM   #4

mtclimber, I did think about the V550 but decided to go with the V530 mainly due to its size. The V530 that I bought has not yet arrived yet. I would love to have an optical viewfinder but took the risk by buying the V530. After using the V530, if I feel that an optical viewfinder is an absolute must for me, then I think I will upgrade to the V550.
kcsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:49 PM   #5

I had the v-530 for a week, and found it difficult to take pics outside without having an optical viewfinder. Therefore, I returned it and got a V-550 instead,which I am much happier with.

The features and specs are the same and the physicalsize differences are very minor.

I also found itmuch easier to change shooting modes in the V550l (buttons on top for auto, portrait, scenes, movie). Plus I prefer thelarger 2.5in LCD screen.
techgeek419 is offline   Reply With Quote