Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:38 PM   #11

Thanks,
Ken Finch
ken68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:52 PM   #12
Administrator

ken68 wrote:
Quote:
I had a accident last night with my laptop. The LCD has been acting up for the last while. The LCD has been slowly dieing in that it goes blank to a white screen with no image, if I firmly wack the back of the LCD with a open palm of my hand it starts working again. I did disassemble and found out it is within the LCD Panel itself not just a loose connection. The LCD needs replacement. Well what happened last night I was using my Laptop and as usual the LCD went blank again. So as usual I wacked it. But I did not wack it in the center like usual, I wacked it just off center. The LCD did come back on but with a large spider crack spreading from the upper right of the LCD down through to the lower left side of the LCD. Well I guess I have to set aside purchasing gadgets and upgrades for my hobbies and save that money up for a replacement Laptop however long it takes. At least I can still use this laptop I am typing on right now connected to an external monitor.

Come on Ken, all us tech geeks know you gotta have your tongue sticking out the corner of your mouthat just the right angle -before- you smack anything electronic to "fix" it ... :blah:
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2006, 8:02 AM   #13

True, I guess I forgot that part. Oh well lesson learned.

Thanks,
Ken Finch
ken68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2009, 9:09 AM   #14

Default Kodak CW330 battery compartment switch

Thank you very much for your information about the battery compartment switch on the Kodak CW330. I find that the 1.2V NMHI battery pack does not last long but I see that Li-ion rechargeable, series AA, packs are now available. These provide 3V when charged. (The switch in my Stepdaughter's camera either has the lever broke off or it is stuck in the 'in' position. Thanks to your post, I now know that it should be closed when pushed in.)

Last edited by iwampfler; Dec 31, 2009 at 9:12 AM.
iwampfler is offline   Reply With Quote