Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 11, 2006, 5:12 PM   #1

My camera will charge with the kodak battery pack that came with the camera but when i put 2 - AA batterys in they work fine taking pic's but wont charge in docking station. Can anyone tell me why they won't charge the kodak battery pack is also 2- AA bat

Thanks

Rangr90:|
Rangr90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2006, 5:47 PM   #2

Your Kodak Camera is specially designed to only allow charging with Kodaks NiMh KHA2AA Battery Pack. It has a little switch inside the battery compartment of your camera that is only engaged by a special plastic insert in the Kodak KHA2AA Battery Pack. Your 3rd party batteries do not engage the switch so the camera will not allow them to be charged. This is so Kodak can sell there overpriced KHA2AA 2100 MAh Battery Pack and also it is a safety device so that you do not accidently try to charge non rechargeable AA Batteries when the camera is docked.
ken68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 7:12 PM   #3

Ken68

Thanks for the info now i know how it works.

Rangr90
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:39 AM   #4

You are welcome. I did modify my CW330 and my wifes C330 to charge all NiMH AA batteries by disassembling both cameras and soldering a wire across the switch terminals thus enabling the switch all the time. But I make sure my wife and I remember not to put non rechargeable batteries in the cameras if we are going to dock the cameras. I do not recommend this mod unless you know that you will void your Kodak Warranty and are handy with a small tipped soldering iron and have worked on camera electronics before. And that the safety risk is raised because the camera can no longer stop charging of non rechargeable batteries thus posing a risk of equipement damage, fires and possible personal injury. If you decide to try this mod I am in no way responsible for any personal injuries or equipement damage.

Thanks,
Ken Finch
Old Apr 12, 2006, 3:19 PM   #5

Ken68

No thanks i'm not that good with sodering so i will just stay away from it but thanks anyway.

Rangr90:G

Old Apr 12, 2006, 7:22 PM   #6

Ken also brought out the fact that the printer cartridges on the Kodak printer has a ridge tha prevents other simular cartridges from being used. If you don't have Kens skills then the only avenue is the factory item! Plus you can void a warranty as he mentioned above. Do it at your own risk as he said.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:51 AM   #7

I am the hacker and modder type. But I do view that any of my hacks or mods be tried if you are experienced with soldering and working on small circuitry. And that you understand the risks of proceding with the hack or mod. The risks are;

1./ Possible damage to the equipement.
2./ Voiding manufacturers Warranty.
3./ If the hack/mod is not done correctly fires could result.
4./ Possible personal injury, or worst case death in the more extreme mods.

But every post I make telling about my most recent successful hack/mod will be accompanied by these warnings. I feel that if I am going to post the hacks/mods with instructions it is my responsibility to point out all risks and downfalls in doing the hacks/mods. I am a hacker/modder, but I am a responsible hacker/modder. I research alot before proceding with the hacks/mods and I am always learning on how to refine my skills via the experience gained by previous work.

Thanks,
Ken Finch
Old Apr 13, 2006, 10:57 AM   #8

I for myself applaud you Ken on the way you handle these post. You offer a valuable service with them and do a very good job explaining how to do them and what might happen as a warning! Thanks from

Da Dawg!
Old Apr 13, 2006, 11:20 AM   #9

You are welcome, I try my best to help other out with my skills responsibly.

Thanks,
Ken Finch

P.S.
I had a accident last night with my laptop. The LCD has been acting up for the last while. The LCD has been slowly dieing in that it goes blank to a white screen with no image, if I firmly wack the back of the LCD with a open palm of my hand it starts working again. I did disassemble and found out it is within the LCD Panel itself not just a loose connection. The LCD needs replacement. Well what happened last night I was using my Laptop and as usual the LCD went blank again. So as usual I wacked it. But I did not wack it in the center like usual, I wacked it just off center. The LCD did come back on but with a large spider crack spreading from the upper right of the LCD down through to the lower left side of the LCD. Well I guess I have to set aside purchasing gadgets and upgrades for my hobbies and save that money up for a replacement Laptop however long it takes. At least I can still use this laptop I am typing on right now connected to an external monitor.

Old Apr 13, 2006, 7:41 PM   #10

Sorry to hear about the laptop Ken! I've yet to progress to one other than the ones we use to program the PLC's at work! Hope your able to get a good one soon!

Dawg