Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:42 AM   #1

Hello everyone. I'm brand new here (at least to the Kodak forum!) I've ranted a few times about trying to get this camera, but all seems to be worked out now.

Ordered a refurbished Z700 from an ebay store, but there was something wrong with it so they sent me the Z730 instead. Free upgrade to a better camera as it turns out!

So today was my first day out shooting with the new camera and while my pics are cetainly not as sharp as many I've seen in here I thought I'd post a few for fun and to show what this point'n'shoot can do with little more than the auto mode. In time I plan on pushing the camera as far as it will go, but for now I'm just enjoying the simpler side of digital cameras

The following are all taken at full resolution (5mp), Fine (least) compression and have for the most part only been cropped and resized for the forum. A couple had some minor brightness and/or contrast tweaking to compensate for slight under exposure.

Please forgive me posting all these random pics at once. I'm suffering from new camera syndrome...
:|
Shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:46 AM   #2

Greenbelt near where I work. I try to get out and walk for about an hour here at lunch every day. This is near Golden, Colorado, USA.
Attached Images

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:47 AM   #3

Just a little stream off the main path...
Attached Images

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:48 AM   #4

I kept hearing these guys, but it's amazing how hard it can be to spot them sometimes
Attached Images

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:50 AM   #5

I call this one the Beaver Menace :G This is just a sampling of what the local beaver has done to a lot of the trees all along the little river. He's just doing his thing, but with all the people around the Park service has to cut these down so they don't break and fall on someone.
Attached Images

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:51 AM   #6

Macro shot of a funky looking beaver mangled tree. I think it looks oddly like a snarling monster. I'm sure it was summoned by the beavers to wreak havoc
Attached Images

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:54 AM   #7

There are a couple small lakes (ponds to anyone from the midwest, right?) along the greenbelt. In the center of one is a little island with one big tree. That tree is the annual nesting spot for a TON of cormorants. Here's the island in wide angle.
Attached Images

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:55 AM   #8

And zoomed in so you can see just how jam packed that tree is!
Attached Images

Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:57 AM   #9

I inadvertantly caught this ambitious cormorant carrying a whole branch up to his/her nest. You can see him in the above picture, but here he is all blown up.

Attached Images

Old Apr 13, 2006, 1:01 AM   #10

This last landscape one is taken near right before dusk at the park near our house. Nothing spectacular, but kind of a fun composition.
Attached Images