Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 16, 2006, 9:57 AM   #1

Wow, to say I'm frustrated at this point is putting in midly. I know most of you here are really tired of transfer issue questions but I do hope one of you pro's can indulge me.

I've loaded the easyshare software and turn my camera on. Easyshare will bring up the Add Pictures box and show a folder called Z740 Zoom Digital Camera.

I can select that folder and it shows me all of my pictures. I hit select all (I've also tried selecting only one) and then select a folder name to save the pictures too. For every picture no matter how many or how few I get a message...
'Copying item to PC The picture 000_0001.jpg was not transferred. The picture will not be removed from device.

I've also unistalled and reinstalled with custom and still can not see a drive listed for my camera. NONE of my other software will recognize this camera.

Any clues????

Soon..... Kodak-><-Me....

Thanks for reading!
PatRoy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 16, 2006, 11:16 AM   #2

Hello PR

I don't use the Easyshare program. I assume you have windows xp.

Just put you memory chip into the reader (external or built into your p.c.).

Go to my computor to access your reader containing the chip.You may find that the folder is inside another folder (4 letters starting with a D_____) .

When you get to you folder right click on it to rename then drag the renamed file to your desk top. Next delete all that was on the chip.

To view just click on the folder on the deskto you titled and view with windows xp.

BiLL

:|

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 8:30 PM   #3

Thanks Bill,
I finally did get it to work. I uninstalled ES again... Then rebooted and FINALLY it loaded the camera as a device which I could drag and drop to my hard drive.... And you might be wondering how soon I will be reloading the EASYshare software?? NEVER.... Never again and one minute.... Wow, am I glad that is over with... Kodak is so insistent that you use their software they make it almsost non useable.

Thanks again though.....
PatRoy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 8:36 PM   #4

I use xp to look at what is on the chip when the file is on the desk top. I can click on the photo and it takes me (and the photo right into my Adobe Elements 4. This does not work when Easy Share is in your system. After some basic correction I add folders pictures to a cd. Life can be so much simpiler if you take the time to title the pictures prior to burning and most important is to dumpd the bad ones prior to burning (unlike cheese and wine a bad image does not improve with time).

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2006, 10:00 PM   #5

I basically do what bill said, somewhat. I just put the pics on the SD Card. Take the card out of the camera and put it into the external card reader I have. I use "My Computer" to access the card, which shows the reader as another drive. And do whatever I want from there. Or I just pull the pictures up in Photoshop, by accessing the drive that is my external card reader. I don't use the Easyshare software either. Too much hassle. It seems you can skip some steps by not using it!
woodsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2006, 9:00 AM   #6

I've found that to print using my printer dock that was bought with the wife's C340 I have to use easyshare soft ware. I've tried several other ways but the easyshare soft ware is the only way I can do it! But if I'm not printing the photos I just bring up my computer and my card reader and go from there! Easyshare tries to do too much and winds up not doing enough!!!! I eliminated it from my msconfig file so it doesn't load when I boot up the computer. That way I only have to deal with it when I absolutly need it!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote