Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 15, 2003, 12:42 AM   #1

Default KODAK DX4330 LCD DISPLAY PROBELEM

My kodak dx4330 display doesnot functions after it hit a battery that was lying on the bed ,when it slipped outta my hand.There is no physical damage on any portion of the camera and moreso there were no batteries in the camera.the camera is functioning alright except that when i click the photograph the display backlight turns on and there is no image on the dsiplay and then it turn off after some time.I have also checked it by connecting it with the TV and everything is working well..
Please help me....
Best regards,
deepak
deepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2003, 8:16 PM   #2
lg

Check your settings on the camera. I remember once my camera was jarred and a lot of icons were displayed on the LCD. It turned out that some of the functions just got toggled on and their icons displayed. Could it be that you accidentally turned off the display for some information on your LCD? Maybe things aren't as bad as they seem...
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2003, 11:45 PM   #3
lg

deepak wrote:
Quote:
(from private message) Actually we have no Kodak authorized service provider for at least a 1000 miles.So I have to rely on helpful people like you.If it is possible could u please check out with any Kodak ASP near to you and ask if a spare LCD display is available..
I'm sorry, but I don't have access to any Kodak cameras or even know of a source for a replacement LCD. Can any of you Kodak users offer your help? It appears the LCD on his camera is damaged
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2003, 5:18 PM   #4

I have the exact same problem. My camera was in a bag, in the trunk during a long trip. Now it does the exact same thing, LCD lights up but will not display anything. The major problem is not being able to review/delete pictures when the memory card fills up. I contacted Kodak today, they said that even though its under warranty as far as time, they would charge because it was not a manufacturing defect. Seems to me the camera is a little fragile if it would break that easy...but the cost is going to be $135. In the meantime, I wondered if anyone could send a step by step description of how to remove protection and the delete all pictures so I can clear my camera after I download the images. Thanks.
nitesky59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2003, 7:26 PM   #5

for the price of trying to get a lcd display it will be cheaper to get another camera since they are falling fast in price
kschewe is offline   Reply With Quote