Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:00 PM   #11

But Dawg, its not on the picture...its on the LCD screen in between the Flash icon and the mp indicator....very small....hmmm wonder where our resident Kodak Fella is...CWODave, do you have the same cam and notice this where I said I see it ?
Car54, Where are you ?
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 6:37 AM   #12

OK. YES, I have the same camera.INstead of going straight to my manual I guess I should have looked at the camera.It's not what I thought it was.

I've seen on other forums where there are people asking about 'hot pixels' on their screens that don't show up in the pics. Maybe..... But I don't know.I just play with the buttons and take pics. LOL
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 10:27 AM   #13

Didn't say it was in, or on the picture Wag. Do you get this in all conditions or just in low light shots? Oh yeah your not in New York so calling for car 54 might not get a response!! LOL Dave may have it. The lcd may be showing a hot pixel and it would not have to show on the photo. It's like a small TV screen ya know and it might have an unruley pixel or two showing up every now and then. Most often they would show up in low light conditions! I've never had it and this is the first I've heard of it so everything is just conjecture at this point old friend! If it doesn't transfer to the image I wouldn't worry!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 2:15 PM   #14

Wagaboo,
My Z7590 has two BLUE flashing pixels when I look at either the LCD or viewfinder with the lens cap on. One is brighter than the other, but they are there. They, of course, don't show on the picture. When there is any light in the scene the flashing pixels don't show - only in very dark scenes or with the lens cap on. These are probably what some have called "hot pixels". Like the dead or hot pixels they talk about with LCD monitors and TVs. When I first noticed them I thought I might take the camera back, but they are basically un-noticeable unless I am looking for them. Probably the same thing you are seeing - except yours is RED.

Steve W.

on30trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 3:10 PM   #15

Went out and played with mine last nite, Wag...In the location you're talking about it is definitely not ae/af lights...the closest I come to what your describing is getting a lot of small flashing dots all over the screen, which I assume is just "noise" trying to focus in the dark

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 9:28 PM   #16

sounds like the work of terrorist :?

2 me

BiLL

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 10:08 PM   #17

He is seeing spot before his eyes..............................Here spot.
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 8:31 AM   #18

See Spot run....
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 3:37 PM   #19

Ok you funny guys...wise guys huh..nyuk--nyuk-nyuk...why I aughta...sounds like hot-pixels for sure always in the same place red flashing and no I aint seein' spots before my eyes:blah: thanks guys.....
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 6:54 PM   #20

Always glad to help Wag!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote