Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 9, 2006, 1:32 PM   #1

Hi . I purchased Z740 about one week ago and have been quite dissapointed . The problem is that warm colors are turned into cold colors. It changes the yellow-green colours of the early spring into cold blue-green colours and quite changes the "atmosphere " of the pictures , if I take pictures in AUTO mode (white balance on AUTO). If I switch into manual mode and white balance to "DAYLIGHT" , then the result is not much better . Does anyone else experience this problem?
Can it vary piece to piece and is it possible that I've got a defective piece ?
Mishyxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 11, 2006, 12:26 AM   #2

My daughter just purchased a Z740 but I've not tried it out yet. When I do I'll get back to you. A short answer to your question on the difference between cameras is that it can happen and no two are exactly alike. Saying that I'm sure Kodak tries to keep the quality and standards the same. As I said as soon as I can I'll try the Z740 out and give you an opinion!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 7:18 AM   #3

there are several colour settings in the settings, the default is standard colours, but there is a high colour setting. try that.

if not then maybe you are allowing too much bright light from the sky in the shooting frame and it's auto compensating and reducing colours in the ground?

TimD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 9:31 AM   #4

The addition of a polorizing filter and a skylite or UV filter will help warm the colors a little also! Just a thought!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote