Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 17, 2006, 8:46 PM   #21

The Kodak brand Auxilliary lens adapter is a tube with male threads on one end that screws into the camera bodyand a 55mm female end the you can attach lens or filters to! The olympus TCON-17 is the one you need to use with the DX6490. You screw it into the female 55mm end of the lens adapter tube I talked about in the previous sentences!

Go here for the lens adapter!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

Go here for the Olympus TCON-17, 1.7 teleconvertor lens!

Go here for the Tiffen Skylight 1-A filter!

Go here for the Tiffen circular polorizing filter!

I use B&H photo for all my camera needs. No hassels and good and quick service!

If you have any more concerns or questions then feel free to ask. I hope this helps clear up any confusion. The Olympus lens is top quality and gives very good service for a fairly low price. Please please stay away from "Bargain Lenses" you might find on EBayor other auction sites! Don't and I must repeat don't get a 52mm lens and try using it! If you get an adapter tube that's 52mm you will be stuck with 52mm filters and converter lens! Stay with the Kodak adapter tube please! Some of the others are not threaded right and may cause problems. If you encounter problems with a Kodak product not fitting a Kodak camera they will make it right! The others may not. the Tiffen brand filters have served me well even back in my 35mm Film days and are serving me well in my new digital days. They are not the very best but they are the best for the least money. See ya later!!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 11:01 PM   #22

Thanks so much to all of you... Thanks Dawg for all the links and I think I got it figured out now.. ............ You guys have really helped me out and in the long run I will save money from buying a new camera that I may not have even been happy with...

Now I can keep the camera I have that I really like and am used to and do a little more of what I want to do..

Thanks again.. Much appreciated..

Cree
Cree77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 11:25 PM   #23

You are most welcome Cree! Let us know how things turn out!!

Dawg

Just to show you what the DX6490 looks like with the adapter tube and Skylite filter with the TCON-17 lens attached!!
Attached Images

Old May 18, 2006, 3:18 PM   #24

Hey Dawg... I went to that site you told me about and ordered everything on thelist.

Tiffen 55 Circular Polarizing Glass Filter, Tiffen 55mm Skylight 1-A Glass Filter, Olympus TCON-17, 55 mm Teleconverter Lens, Kodak lens adapter for 6490 and a lens cleaning kit as well...

All that and with shipping it was a great price in my opinion.. Sure a lot cheaper than where I started out --- with going SLR then down to a new Dig cam --- now down to a little boost for my 6490... So I a jumping for joy..

Thanks again... and if you can think of any more suggestions... I may go get a 2nd battery and charger so will always have a backup battery too..

Cree
Cree77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 8:28 PM   #25

I keep two batteries all the time. One in the camera and one in the rapid charger. That way I always have a spare battery on hand! I can get about 400 or so photos on a charge with my DX6490. I also have a spare 512mb sandisk SD card . I can get nearly 500 photos on a 512 card but sometimes need the spare as I run out of space. Have a good time with the new toys!! I think you'll be pleased you bought them!

Oh yeah a caution here!!! Listen up and don't forget this!! Those filters, lens and adapter tube have VERY FINE THREADS!! Be careful when screwing them in and if it feels like they are screwing in crooked or cross threaded stop...unscrew them and start over! I nearly ruined my adapter tube the first time I tried screwing it on!! Also don't over tighten them. Just snug will do!! LOL Hope you enjoy your's as much as I've enjoyed mine!!

Dawg