Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 18, 2006, 4:19 PM   #1

I bought a P850 and just installed the software.It changed all my jpeg icons from the restful blue tones they were to the garish orange and yellow Kodak logo. I keep several jpegs on my desktop, but now I cannot stand to look at it ! How do I change everything back? I'll return the camera before I live with this.
caliban is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2006, 4:23 PM   #2

Forgot to state that all the jpegs were taken before I got the P850, some with a Canon DSLR, some with a Lumix LZ-2.
Old May 18, 2006, 5:00 PM   #3

I hate that when that happens...you can try this.
hit ...
.....control and right click on the image and choose open with
.....Look for other program you used to use for viewing your photos
.....then choose that program then choose always open with this program

Then reboot...the next time you install easyshare just choose not for the easy share to view all jpg's etc or don'tmake it the default viewer..

This should work for you...what viewer did you use before ?
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 5:56 PM   #4

I've been using the default "Windows picture and fax viewer". I did not choose Easy Share as my default viewer, at least I don't think I did. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, but I could not get that to work. I finally went into Easy Share and in file association I unclicked everything, rebooted and the icons are back to normal -- even the 850 pix don't have the Kodak logo icon.

I think I will like the camera, but at this point I much prefer the Lumix software.
Old May 18, 2006, 6:12 PM   #5

Go to 'control panel' > file options>file types. There you can scroll down to the picture types and change the program that will be used to view them.
cwodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 12:59 PM   #6

Greetings Caliban,

When you install EasyShare, or most other image related software, you are asked if this is the program you want to open a particular file type with that program. If you click the box with a check mark, then the association of that file type is made and when you see it in the future, that program is used to open and or manage that file type, i.e. JPG.

If you want to change the program (EasyShare)that is designated to open a file type (image file in this case) by your operating system, you need to associate the file type with the program you want to use. In the future, any file you want to open of this kind will use the program you have chosen. For example, if you want all JPG files to be opened by KODAK EASYSHARE Software, even when reviewing on the web, this is the program that will open and be used by your operating system.

For most Windows programs, you can change which program starts when you open a file by:

Clicking on My Computer or opening Windows Explorer.

Choose the Folder Option from the View menu.

Click the File Types tab.

In the list of file types, click the one you want to change, i.e. JPG.

Click Edit.

In Actions, click Open.

Click Edit.

In Application Used to Perform Action, enter the program you want to use to open files that have this extension, or browse your hard drive to find it, then click OK.

Note: The settings for selected file types are shown in File Type Details.

Just reverse the process for to unassociate a file.

Let me know if you need my help. I will be here.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote