Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 21, 2006, 4:46 PM   #1

Hi all,

We were recently given a Kodak CX6330 camera and Easyshare Printer/Dock for use with the kids from a nearby Children's Home. I have not yet purchased a print pack but it appears that the unit is missing the paper tray from what I read in the Kodak online manual. Am I correct in assuming that this unit requires a paper tray to hold the print media? I see where that accessory and a cleaning pad are available from Kodak. I have the power supply and USB cable for the printer but no software. Will this unit run on the XP withour the software? Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to decide if this should be used as a brinter or just a dock. Seems to be charging the battery nicely so far. Thanks for yoyr help.
ticktock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2006, 11:08 AM   #2

Greetings TickTock,

Glad to see you are using the printer for a great project. I am glad to help if I can.

Yes, the Printer Dock 6000 will work well on XP. I have one at home and it performs quite well on XP. In fact I just got through updating the firmware to version 1.08. It will charge your camera when you have a Kodak rechargeable battery included. As you suspected it does need a paper tray to hold and supply the paper that is included in the paper pack that you buy.

The pack includes a ribbon and related amount of paper, i.e. ribbon for 20 prints and 20 pieces of paper. It is great for the project in question as the prints are equal to those from a photofinisher and are essentially waterproof. Safer in the hands of a child.

Talk to you soon, let me know if you think I can help with a tray.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 11:27 AM   #3

Hi Ron,

Many thanks for your quick reply. It looks doubtful if the donor can find the old paper tray. Can you please tell us how much it will cost to buy a new tray? I'll also look into upgrading the firmware as well. Thanks again for your help.

Sincerely,

Lee
Old May 22, 2006, 4:25 PM   #4

Hi TickTock,

Send me an email with your particulars and I will send you the details.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Old May 22, 2006, 4:54 PM   #5

Hi Ron,

I received an e-mail from the donor and unfortunately, they no longer have the paper tray so we will have to purchase a replacement. In looking at the maunal online (they didn't have the owners manual or software but I thought I could get that from the Kodak website) in addition to the paper tray, there was also no headcleaning tool. The unit came with 2 cables, a power cable and a USB cable. Are there any others I am not aware of for this unit? They also provided a Kodak CX6330 camera and some Kodak batteries, the rechargeable kind,andsomehigh power non-rechargeable ones as well.The only other info I can offer is the model name on the base plate: Kodak EasyShare Printer Dock 6000. Hope this helps you identify our needs. Many thanks.

Sincerely,

Lee
Old May 25, 2006, 5:18 PM   #6

Hi Lee,

If you want to contact me directly at the email address I have listed - [email protected] I will see if I can find some of the noted items. I will need your US Mail address andyou can share with me directly, rather than post online.

Not sure about all of the itmes,but one thing you can do immediately, is togo to the following URL you can find the manual for your camera and printer dock.

http://www.kodak.com/go/manuals

Talk to you soon, Lee,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Old May 26, 2006, 10:49 AM   #7

Hi Ron,

I sent an e-mail to your business e-mail address with the info you requested. Thanks again for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Lee