Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 22, 2006, 5:17 AM   #1

Hi!

Just a post to tell anyone who might be interested that Kodak has their Easyshare Software (v6.0) available for download...
Personally I don't use it, but for those of you who might.
joaopmsantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2006, 11:00 AM   #2

Greetings Joaopmsantos,

Yep, we released this version on Wednesday morning. It has some significant changes and the look and feel of the program is quite different. Actually, there are several changes you may be interested, whether you use it or not. If you would like to get help in the use of the program with your Kodak digital camera etc. let me know and I will be happy to review with you. In this version:
[*]No missing pictures! EasyShare software uses the operating system to maintain links to files that are renamed or moved using the file system. [/*][*]Greeting cards let you use your pictures to create and print 4 x 6 in. cards using a selection of all occasion cards available in EasyShare software. You can add text to personalize your card. [/*][*]New user interface improves ease of use (much more fun to use). [/*][*]Full Screen view enhancements include a quick navigation bar showing thumbnails of the pictures in the selected album or view. [/*][*]Enhanced editing features include automatic red-eye reduction, scene balance, color balance, and scene effects. [/*][*]Check for software updates is now available right from the EasyShare software CD. Requires Internet access. [/*][*]Slide show enhancements let you add transitions between pictures when playing an EasyShare software slide show. [/*][*]Kodak Perfect Touch Technology is now available in EasyShare software when printing your pictures on a Kodak printer. The One Touch to Better Pictures feature is still available for third-party printers. [/*][*]Resize pictures using Save As from the File or picture context menu. [/*][*]Burn CD/DVD now supports burning pictures to DVD media and includes support for more drivers. [/*][*]Improved performance when transferring pictures (Synch and Transfer is great to update firmware of cameras etc.).

Anyway, let me know if there are questions.[/*]
Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 3:27 PM   #3

Hi Ron.
I have a comment and then a question.
1st the new user interface is so much better IMO and also do you know if the 6.0 Package can be downloaded as a full installer rather than a web installer for future use ?
Thanks in advance.
Tim
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 4:19 PM   #4

Hi Tim,

Yes, I believe so as well. I like the look and the feel of it. Glad of that change. I will share with the software engineers that built it.

As to the download, no, it continues to be delivered only via the web. If you have it installed, the updater will update for you behind the scenes then let you know when it is ready for installation.

If you need a CD due to your circumstances, let me know. Normally, you can get a CD for $7.95 from the Kodak site/store. For the great majority, however, the web is the medium. It is delievered that way to millions.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote