Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 26, 2006, 11:02 PM   #1

Hi... Not long ago I was here asking for opinions on getting another camera.. With your help I decided to stick with my DX6490 and get a lens for me zoom along with a few other things..

So I did it and went out today to take some pictures... All I can say is thank you guys.... I am now getting the kind of zoom I hoped for and the tripod is nice too..

My first pictures came out so good I could not beleive it...

I added that Olympus lens you suggested.. The only thing I have to get used to is that if I take a picture without it being fully zoomed I get that round thing...

I know --- first I complained because I could not get close enough now I am complaining when its to close... :G

I just don't want to be putting that lens and adaptor on and off all the time..

But, I will get used to it and get it all figured out..

Thanks again --- espcially Dawg..

Cree
Cree77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2006, 8:57 AM   #2

Cree.......................Leave the adapter on all of the time, and add a UV HAZE filter. Makes for great lens protection.Leave the adapter and filter on all of the timeexcept when your shooting flash pictures. It's sure good to hear your liking your new gear. It's hard to beat the 6490-7590 rigs. At this point I do not see a new camera in my future. Just no real upgrade to replace what I have.
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 10:58 AM   #3

Glad to hear they are working out for you, Cree! Post some photos sometime so we can share the experience with you! Rj's Idea on leaving the adapter on and a UV or skylite filter at all times is a good one, and one I follow myself. Like he said the only time you need to remove it is when you are shooting with the camera's flash! Have fun. That's why we do this.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 11:21 AM   #4

I did get both the sky 1-A and Circular Polarizer filter... I thought it would not be good to leave them on as they would get dirty wouldn't they??

I could post some photos -- can I post them to this forum or must they go somewhere else?? I will post one with this post. Its part of the falls here in Great Falls Montana... I have this one as a screen saver.. Also - to get this picture we are way up on the road quite a ways above these falls.. I was really happy with the zoom...

And remember - this was my first attempt..

Cree
Attached Images

Old May 27, 2006, 12:13 PM   #5

Cree77 wrote:
Quote:
I did get both the sky 1-A and Circular Polarizer filter... I thought it would not be good to leave them on as they would get dirty wouldn't they??
Cree, pick up a 55mm lens cap to cover your filters....I too leave the adapter and uv filter on all the time, covered by a 55mm snap in cover
Thats a pretty scene there, glad everything worked out for you.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 2:06 PM   #6

Ok.. I will look for a lens cap...

This pic I took yesterday was my favorite.. I have seen lots of pics from my friends slr and the detail but I think this detail is pretty dang good..

Cree
Attached Images

Old May 27, 2006, 7:14 PM   #7

Some very nice photos there Cree! We don't stand on formality here so post whenever and where ever you like!! We just love looking and learning from someone elses work! Nice going man!

Dawg
Old May 27, 2006, 8:43 PM   #8

Thanks Dawg... The day I took those pictures -- it was overcast and windy.. no sun at all... and I will tell ya......... I liked my 6490 before but love it now...

That Goose was out in the Missouri River..

Here is some swans at a big park.. they stay way across the pond all the time and I could never get a shot like this before..

Cree
Attached Images

Old May 27, 2006, 8:55 PM   #9

Cree...................your not the only one liking your new gear. We are too, nice shots.
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 10:21 PM   #10

I agree with RJ. I know I'm enjoying them!! I know when I first got my TCON-17, I couldn't shoot enough photos. It opened a whole new world for me. Glad to see you're having fun with it!

Dawg