Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 29, 2006, 10:37 AM   #1

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I bought a P880 in January 2006, the camera worked perfectly and them poof the ...Manual Focus (Mf) and Mf in Auto Focus assist stopped working. The pop-up focusing area and the verticle focusing bar won't pop-up.

I called Kodak and they checked it out over the phone and authorized a return after sending to Telepan by direction who then send it to New York. The technician there put the battery in and it worked so they send it back no repairs needed. Well it did work for a few months and now it is doing the same thing, not working. When I tried focusing on a subject (wildlife in bushes) where I couldn't use Af I found the Mf did not work in Manual focusing mode or in Manual Focus Af assist mode. I called Kodak and they authorized a return but I fear the same thing may happen. The Mf problems seems to be intermitent. Since I bought the camera out of state before I moved to San Diego I can't return to the point of purchase.

I asked Kodak if they could recomend someone it San Diego to take it to so I could verify it wasn't operator error, but they aren't able to do that.

The technician also told me that if they found nothing wrong with the camera they would charge me a service fee (on top of me paying shipping and insurance for the second time).
I would appreciate any suggestions.

Anybody in San Diego with a P880?

P.S. this is a feature I use a lot....even thought the Kodak technician in an email indicated that I didn't need that feature for most all situation the Af works.
Thank
--
Jim
JimWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2006, 10:56 AM   #2

Jim, welcome to the forum...just a thought, since it seemed to work for them--try reinstalling the battery again.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 12:48 PM   #3

I could do that but that doesn't fix the problem since it reoccurs. I guess I could live with it but the camera wasn't a month old when this started happening and I think Kodak should fix it properly.

I haven't heard of anybody else with this problem so i think it isn't a design issue just one defective cammera.
Old May 29, 2006, 2:10 PM   #4

I agree completely, RonBaird from Kodak stops in here and perhaps he will have a solution for you.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 8:15 PM   #5

Welcome to Steves forum Jim..................If you do not see Ron on this thread before long you may want to start a new oneaddressed to him. Something like.

"Ron Baird Help"
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 12:43 PM   #6

I did that already for him RJ!!! Forgive me for doing it if it offends you Jim! Just trying to help!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2006, 8:01 PM   #7

Thanks Guys I appreciate the help.
Old May 30, 2006, 8:19 PM   #8

Dawg..................your bite is worse then you bark. Did I get that right? Moon shadows, Moon Shadows.
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 12:51 AM   #9

Not that Blankety blank song again!!!! LOL Yer a cruel man RJ!! Took me a long time to get nick nack patty whack out of my head!!!
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2006, 8:55 PM   #10

Hey Guys I send Ron a private message,,,do people respond to those? Do you guys know any P880 users in here.