Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 4, 2003, 8:45 PM   #1

Default Kodak alienates users with its new printer/dock combo

I was watching with some excitement on TV the new EasyShare dock/printer combo that Kodak just launched because I have a DX4330 camera.

What a disappointment to find that all camera models made before 2003 (that includes the DX4330 launched less than a year ago) won't fit the EasyShare dock found in that printer. Only the DX or LS6000 camera fits there.

Good for them by alienating a large base of potential users of this printer. I was thinking on getting one until I found out this. :x

Sure, you can use the printer from the PC with any other camera but the main advantage (printing without a computer) is lost.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2003, 10:56 PM   #2

That is the way it goes for computers and new technology unfortunately

I would not worry since you can buy many printers, HP has some nice ones, where u don't need a computer, the printer has different slots for all the different kinds of memory card.
kschewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2003, 11:33 PM   #3

And there is also the nearest photo lab if properly equipped. Just learned that the nearest Walgreens got new all-digital photo development and printing equipment with capacity for printing digital images from computer media and memory cards. And their price matches the cost of prints from regular film development. Best part is that it's the same cost of film photography MINUS the film itself.
Old May 7, 2003, 5:20 PM   #4

i agree it is cheaper to get them printed at walmart, then buying photo paper and ink but having the option to print anytime is the advantage of the printer. I get mine at walmart and I find the quality excellent
kschewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 6:13 AM   #5

Yes I to just had a couple of 5 X 7's printed at walmart of my youngest daugter. They turned out excellent. I'd recomend adjusting colors, cropping, and sharpening at home though. Then burn them onto a CD and take there and use that.

Everyone else seems to take there camera or memory card and go thru them there. Picking them, editing them, and printing them right there. It takes forever. I sat behind a couple of girs doing this for over a half an hour when I was there. It's frustrating.
bdf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2003, 12:19 PM   #6

I went to the nearest Walgreens for a test drive of their new Fuji Frontier lab and what I did was pick the pictures at home on my computer, copy them into the memory card (same one used by the camera itself) and take the card to the photo lab. Once there, it was a breeze because I just selected them all.

Although I could have cropped a couple for better results. Colors and sharpness came out ok. As long as you have good pictures to start with, there is little need to work with them.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 7:49 AM   #7

You may be interested to know that Kodak have already announced a printer dock for the older 4000 series of cameras is in production and will be released later this year.
Dace is offline   Reply With Quote