Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:03 PM   #11

no idea..

but thats what some of the reviews said and i read it on 100share.com
but it was for the 1GB not 2GB

Oh i never leave my photos on an SD card i always upload them as soon as i get to my computer even if i only took about 20 photos.. i go ahead and upload them and then clear my card.

It'll be here tomorrow so i guess i'll find out then how it works and if its really any thinner then my other SD card which is a Sandisk.

sameroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:06 PM   #12

Well SD cards are pretty durable things... (I found my 128MB lying in the sand on a beach and I've had no trouble with it), so I'm sure it will be fine.
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 7:35 AM   #13

Regarding speed... I refer you back to Boily's intelligent and concise earlier post. And... I attended an Adobe Photoshop seminar last year and the pro photographers presenting unanimously swore by Lexar and warned against using off-brands. Lately I've been using a Corsair 133x card which I bought on an incredible sale at NewEgg.com and it's been fine. Corsair has a fine reputation for making high performance PC RAM modules.

And am I serious? Life is much too short to be serious, especially at MY age!
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 8:45 AM   #14

Ah, I think I understand what you meant. I was thinking you were telling him to get a 10x as opposed to a 150x, which just isn't true. But rather, get a 50x as opposed to a 150x for three times the price.

And I suppose a brand name is pretty important, data is just too valuable to lose, especially if you lose it over saving $5 on your SD card.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 2:05 PM   #15

Long as we're on the subject, when you deletepics on an sd card, it doesn't really wipe it clean, much like a hard drive. Info is still there and over time ( I won't guess how long) its possible for the card to become corrupted ( again just like a hard drive)
I think its good practice to reformat your cards every once inawhile just to clean them up and help prevent problems. I do mine like evry couple months.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 4:35 PM   #16

Just got the card and it works fine. I didn't even have to reformat it but I did anyway
it's not any smaller or thinner then my Sandisk 1GB and it feels very well built and strong

at 5mp It holds 578 pics on "fine" and 1029 something "standard" and 1652 on "basic" Is that good?

my 1GB card only holds 200 and something on "fine" don't know the others.

and thanks Dan, i'll do that.

Old Jun 22, 2006, 4:45 PM   #17

Whoops, forgot to tell you , I've never used Kingmax but friends have and they like them

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2006, 6:15 PM   #18

578 pictures sounds about right, because I get soemthing like 140 from a 512MB (I have the same camera as you in case you haven't realized that):-) Although I am surprised your 1GB card only holds 200 on fine... that seems low.

sameroad wrote:
Quote:
Just got the card and it works fine. I didn't even have to reformat it but I did anyway
it's not any smaller or thinner then my Sandisk 1GB and it feels very well built and strong

at 5mp It holds 578 pics on "fine" and 1029 something "standard" and 1652 on "basic" Is that good?

my 1GB card only holds 200 and something on "fine" don't know the others.

and thanks Dan, i'll do that.

Old Jul 7, 2006, 3:57 AM   #19

hi

i have used a scandisk ultra 2gb ok but lags a little comparied to my adata 150x which seems a lot better not sure if the scandisk is orginal but it looks like it ,i was thinking of trying a topram 4gb any one tried one of these or a transcend 4gb

come on guys thats get these tested
cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:24 PM   #20

I don't know how those work but if you a Kodak P850 it's been said that 4GB SDs won't work in them.

cream wrote:
Quote:
hi

i have used a scandisk ultra 2gb ok but lags a little comparied to my adata 150x which seems a lot better not sure if the scandisk is orginal but it looks like it ,i was thinking of trying a topram 4gb any one tried one of these or a transcend 4gb

come on guys thats get these tested