Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 20, 2006, 12:59 PM   #1

Thought i'd try taking some photos of one of the local rock groups from where i come from. These were still only the first few photos taken with this P850 camera and i still haven't had it a week yet.

Attached Images

12noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2006, 1:02 PM   #2

I could do with using some software to crop them and alter the lighting and stuff. All i've done is to reduce the size to 30%

Attached Images

Old Jun 20, 2006, 1:05 PM   #3

Most of the photos i took were too blurry. It makes it look like they are playing the guitars, but it's also hard on the eyes.

Attached Images

Old Jun 20, 2006, 7:06 PM   #4

You'll get over the blurrys once you get used to it 12noon. The more you shoot, the better the pics will become...and just to let you in on a secret, us oldtimers throw away a lot of shots too :-)

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2006, 8:48 PM   #5

Not me Dan!!! I never throw away anything!! Course at least half of mine should be tossed.....But I don't throw away anything. My mistakes and Boo-Boo's are there to remind me how inept I really am!! LOLOLOLOL Ya got some nice shots there!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:58 AM   #6

The blurry shots will be me just trying to get used to the camera, but i think i also need to think more about what i'm taking. I need to get the subject in the centre of the frame and look what's behind the subject and try not to let that dominate the photo. The top photo would be great, but it's got a big metal pole down the right hand side and a shadow on the microphone. The second photo is all out of focus and though it makes it look like the bass player is playing, it also makes it hard on the eyes. The name on his t-shirt pulls your eyes away from the rest of the shot. The last photo has a metal bar going into the guitar players head. Also in the other corner of the room, you can see too much coving. You can also see a big shadow down the left hand side of the guitar player. All 3 of these photos could have been better and i took 60 shots all together. All the lot of the photos that i took were round about the same. I need to think more next time.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:54 AM   #7

Those are difficult shots to take to say the least, shots of something moving in a dark room are the kinds I would probably be unable to keep shake free.

As for throwing away shots, I almost have to, I take so many bad shots that simply sit around wasting harddrive space, my puny 80GB hard drive would be full in no time. Yesterday I went out and took 25 pictures... 4 of them stayed on my hard drive and none of them made it into my keepers folder.
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote