Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 23, 2006, 1:35 PM   #1

Just left Virgin pre-paid cell phone to go with Verizon pre-paid with a built in camera (Protech PN-215). Do any of you use a usb wire to down load phones picture to your p.c.??:?

Protech is 2nd largest phone maker in Korea, they make phones for Motorola and Audiovox as well as phone sevices like Verizon, Virgin (as in airlines, and records) etc.

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2006, 1:47 PM   #2

My dad does, and he's never really had any problems with it. Did you have a specific question regarding transferring camera-phone pictures, or are you just curious if it's doable.

The pictures are generally very poor quality though.
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2006, 2:55 PM   #3

Having trouble finding right wire.

I am still using up funds in Virgin phone so will wait to see quality of photo sent home via virizon befor I invest in a wire to see poor images.

I have seen many web sites devoted to cell phone photos and they go from very poor to not too bad.

BiLL
Old Jun 24, 2006, 4:26 AM   #4

I've got a Sony Ericsson V600i and i use bluetooth to move photos over to my PC. I also have the USB cable for the phone, but have an extension USB cable that lets me have the open end of the cable round the side of my PC so that i can plug the phone USB cable in to it or plug the Kodak p850 USB cable into it for easy use.

The phone takes OK snaps, but that's about all. If i'm out and don't have the camera on me and i want to take a snap shot of something, then it's fine. I wouldn't like to think i was taking photos that i wanted to have prints made up from with the phone though.

BTW i took my avatar picture with my mobile phone.
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2006, 4:50 AM   #5

Oh, just thought. Phones don't have a zoom as such and just have a digital zoom. The phone (my phone) only has 1.3 megepixel camera and when i go to a rugby match or somewhere, i can zoom in to something like 4X but still can't get anywhere near close enough to take a photo of the players.

I know some of the newer phones have better cameras, but they will still only be good for taking snaps of someone or something that you are stood in front of.
:shock:
Old Jun 24, 2006, 5:06 AM   #6

To me all these cell phone cameras are like the old plastic 35 mm "Diana" camera that people bought and shot tri-x in to see how avante garte they could be with a camera that was just a notch or two above a pin hole camera.

The cell phone also falls under that basic rule

"If you have a tooth ache don't take it to a proctologist." :-)

BiLL

Old Jun 24, 2006, 6:18 AM   #7

Just thought i would try to take a photo of my camera with my mobile phone, just to show you how bad they can be. I was holding the phone as still as i could when i took this :-

Attached Images

Old Jun 24, 2006, 6:33 AM   #8

And the other way round. Camera taking photo of the mobile phone. BTW i just turned the camera on in Auto mode pointed and clicked.

Attached Images

Old Jun 24, 2006, 7:23 AM   #9

A while back there was a small digital camera with a mp3 player built in.

If kodak would just add a cell phone to the camera (the lcd pannel is there)everyone would be happy (for a little while)!

BiLL

Old Jun 24, 2006, 7:31 AM   #10

I'm not sure about adding a phone to a camera. It might be good for sending pictures back home to your PC, but i don't think it would be much good for use as a phone for talking on.
:?
Adding bluetooth to a Kodak camera would be a very good idea though.