Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 25, 2006, 10:47 PM   #1

Hi all.
I'm having a small problem, it seems its taking longer from shot to shot now...could it be the battery or the card ?
Any ideas would help greatly cuz I'm getting a lil pi$$ed at this and starting to miss some shots.
Could it be some of the settings I am using like continuous focus etc.
Thanks in advance guys and gals.
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 25, 2006, 10:53 PM   #2

Have you tried a new battery?? Also have you reformatted your SD card. You must reformat it every now and then or it will get cluttered up with files you have deleted but are not fully removed until you format the card, Wag! Try full auto to remove any programed features. There are a few others but you already know them! Get it back to the simplest format possible. No auto reviewand others.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:02 PM   #3

Using continuous focus does eat up your battery. How often do you charge your battery. Mine is charged each time I use the camera no matter how little. I have read that the Li_Ion battery does better with frequent charges. I thinkyour battery is still within its usable lifetime. Also I have read and I do reformat my card instead of deleting the files. Doa Google on both the battery and the card for support of my information.
Old Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:17 PM   #4

Thanks so much for the help guys...I was waiting ever so patiently by my pc also affectionately Known as F.R.E.D (F****** ...rotten..electronic...device) and lo and behold my cyber buddies come through...Like always .
I didnt try a new Battery BD and thought I would exhaust all other ideas 1st.
I do charge after every use as well but I'm starting to wonder if these batteries have memory retention but I have a check list to try thanks to you nice fellas...
Muchly appreciated as I will try these suggestions.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 4:33 AM   #5

Wag, the Li-Ion battery is not supposed to have memory retention. So a new battery is not out of the question.
Old Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 12:05 PM   #6

I keep two batteries Wag so I'll know if one starts to act funny! Not that expensive and can be a bell-weather for a battery going south on you! I don't really like that phrase as most things in the South are better! LOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 2:21 PM   #7

Did a complete format of the cam and that seems to have made shot to shot load faster and took off the viewing of each pic after it is taken. Thanks guys yer suggestions have helped :-):-):-)