Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 30, 2006, 1:40 PM   #1

I've said before how much I loved my (rather, my moms... which is why I don't have it now) DX6490, it was so easy to take great pics with etc. Well I found my stash of 'em! Most of the pics I take are sky, landscape or concert pics (I go to music festivals alot, so I get some sweet mountain views along the way )

Here are some of the highlights:

wizbummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2006, 1:44 PM   #2

This is victor wooten. One of the most talented bassists EVER. He usually plays with Bela Fleck & the Flecktones but this past year he toured with his own band comprised of his 2 brothers and a few other talents. I think this is one of my best pics ever, poster-worthy EXCEPT for that guy in the backround with a sneer kinda look... wtf??

Yaknow now that I look at it again, I could photoshop it and just make that whole section black, taking that guy with it. I'll post a touch-up once I'm done.
Attached Images

Old Jun 30, 2006, 1:52 PM   #3

Another pic of the Victor Wooten Band. This was about 10 miliseconds from being a perfect shot, they were lined up so that I could see everyone's face from a profile, but sadly the shutter button response on the 6490 is not instantaneous (and has only gotten worse with later models it seems), and I didn't have it set to burst. Still, I like it
Attached Images

Old Jun 30, 2006, 1:58 PM   #4

And now on to Keller Williams. I can't even begin to describe how much I admire this man's talent, he just oozes music from every orifice (kind of gross analogy but you get what I mean!)

BTW all these pics were taken at haymaker music festival in may of last year. GREAAT festival which was unfortunately cancelled this year.
Attached Images

Old Jun 30, 2006, 2:06 PM   #5

Oh yeah, Keller is usually a solo artist (he'll play a little diddy, then loop it w/ a machine and adds to it with other lines or different instruments) but on several occasions will play with other artists, in this case Larry and Jenny Keel. Since this show they've kind of started making their own thing, playing several other shows together and releasing an album "Grass", and have been performing as a group "Grateful Grass", playing Grateful Dead songs with a bluegrass style.

This is my other "best pic ever taken". He played locally just last week, and for a friend's birthday gift we were going to take this pic, blow it up, and have Keller sign it. Unfortunately, my buddy who was supposed to go and get the large print done "got sick" and didn't get it done, and didn't make it to the show either. His loss, it was one of the best I've seen!
Attached Images

Old Jun 30, 2006, 2:08 PM   #6

'Nuther of Keller, that's larry on the left
Attached Images

Old Jun 30, 2006, 2:08 PM   #7

Better shot of Larry Keel
Attached Images

Old Jun 30, 2006, 2:10 PM   #8

And another
Attached Images

Old Jun 30, 2006, 2:11 PM   #9

One of my top10
Attached Images

Old Jun 30, 2006, 2:14 PM   #10

Jenny Keel... I can't say the same of her musical ability that I can of Larry or Keller, but she's Larry's wife and she gets the bassline done well.
Attached Images