Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 4, 2006, 5:34 PM   #1

How you doin Dawg, just passing through and saw you were still active on this forum, thought I would drop in to say G'Day, cant realy post here now, just sold the last of my Kodaks and picked up a couple of Fuji S5600s, hows that DX6490 of yours going?.

Regards

Dave

Downunder.
oziecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2006, 6:23 PM   #2

I and the cam are doing great Dave!! Just got word that for now my cancer is gone! Hows the Fuji's holding up? Really good to hear from old friends. I've been so busy I haven't visited your website lately! Is is still up and running? Miss your wisdom and wit! Come over to Easysharers sometime and say hello to everyone! Don't forget...Everytime you tilt a cold one ya gotta think of the ole Dawg and his Icehouse!! LOLOL

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 7:16 AM   #3

Very pleased you are doing OK health wise Dawg, only had the Fujis for about 3 days, havent had time to work them out yet, things have been pretty quiet on the photography, been busy building a Santa Fe model railroad, cameras are still number one though, will take a peek at the Easysharers forum right now.

Regards

Dave

Downunder.
oziecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 8:26 AM   #4

Let me know how the Fujis are working out! Didn't know you were into model railroads! Got be a man of patience to do that fer sher! LOL I haven't fooled with them since 1957 or so! Knew a man once that had several hundred in his basement. Thousands invested in them! His wife divorced him and got them in the settlement. He nearly commited suicide over that! Cztch you later at the easysharers forum!

Dawg
Old Jul 5, 2006, 9:54 AM   #5

Dave,
Good to hear from another model railroader on these camera forums. Interesting that you are doing Sante Fe downunder. Do know there are quite a few narrow gauge modellers in Australia & NZ. As for me, maybe you can tell from my forum name what I am into - On30 which is "O" scale trains on "HO" track, basically 30" gauge railroading. Was initially into HO Standard gauge, then HO narrow gauge, then outdoor large scale (again narrow gauge) and now the On30. Also had Lionel in my real young days. Change is the spice of life.

Steve W.
on30trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 11:57 AM   #6

I also had a lionel set in the mid 50's!

Dawg
Old Jul 5, 2006, 3:11 PM   #7

Hi Guys, not trying to hijack the post but DAWG !!!! CONGRATULATIONS on the cancer being gone, that is awesome news my friend. You don't know how happy that makes me to hear that news but of course nowhere near as happy as you are feeling....YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:coo l:
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 8:11 PM   #8

Thanks Wag. I know I shouldn't feel this way...but I'm sorta waiting on the next shoe to drop! This is my second go-around with cancer as I had a bout with skin cancer about ten years ago and it can still come back even now. The bladder cancer is in "remission" for now. That's pretty much the way I have to look at it! Don't get me wrong I fell ten thousand times better today than I did a month ago! Still I am sorta wondering if I'll hear that other shoe hit the floor in the near future! But whether I do or not I'll be the same daft ole Dawg you've always known! I've learned to enjoy today for tommorrow is not promised! Thanks again my friend, you and all my cyber friends have been the thing keeping me going!

Dawg