Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 23, 2006, 2:44 AM   #1

I like the styling of the DX7440/Z730 cameras, and hope they continue the line. The 4x zoom and built-in lens cover are great. The only thing that is sub-par is the video capture. I wish they would add at least 640x480 at 30fps. Also maybe fix the low-light graininess and some bugs. My DX7440 won't let me keep it on "low color" setting. Everytime I turn it off, it resets to "normal". I also would like to see adjustable jpg compression. Sometimes my camera makes some colors look splotchy, even on "fine" mode. I'd like to see a 1%-??? adjustment.

So anyone know if Kodak has more High Zoom on the way?

wile_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2006, 3:19 AM   #2

Try doing a search for the Kodak Easyshare P712.

Its a 7 megapixel camera with 12X zoom. It also has 640x480 movie clips that run at 30 frames per second. I would buy one myself, but i'm happy with my P850.
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 3:44 AM   #3

Thanks. Looks good, but I'd rather not have to bother with a lens cap. How come they can't put built-in lens caps on these cameras with the larger lens? I may have to just get their "ultra-compact" model, V610. They already made a mistake not putting a built-in lens cover on the Z760.
wile_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2006, 7:55 AM   #4

I have my lens cap on a piece of string attached to the camera. When i'm taking photos, it just dangles and doesn't get in the way. I can then just pop it back on when i'm done. No problem at all.
:-)
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote