Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:51 AM   #11

You must be proud of that one Bill! Four count'em four posts!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2006, 10:53 AM   #12

My problem with those camera phones is that they act like the Megapixels is all that matters... but they have such horrible lenses that the pictures are going to be crummy anyway.

I can set my Kodak P850 to 1.2MP mode and the pictures will be infinately better than my dads 1.3MP camera phone (and his isn't a cheap phone either).

And lol at Dawgs comment, I noticed the four topics too, perhaps I should reply to all of them, to prevent confusion?:blah:
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2006, 11:07 AM   #13

Sorry but.............

my finger was possesed :evil:for the moment. The evil has been exorcised from it for the time.

BiLL

:O
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 7:33 PM   #14

12noon wrote:
Quote:
As far as i know we should be looking at 5mp cameras built into phones soon. I can't see them being anything like as good as real digital carmeras though.. Its just another way to sell phones i think.
:|

Why ever not? What do you consider a 'real digital camera'? Maybe compared to the digital camera's that come out at the same time, but even today's phone camera's are better than quite a few of the 'real digital cameras' of just a few years ago and theywill get better, a lot better.

It wasn't that long ago Iremember readingphotographers saying that digital cameras themselves will never be as good as a film camerayet for the consumer at least, they already are.

It's also a case of convenience. I have taken a bunch of photos of my 11 month old son since he was born with my Nokia cameraphone which I would not have simply because my phone is with practically ALL the time.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 9:34 PM   #15

Sorry rgvcam but digital is still not on a par with 35mm.

A 10 or 12 mp picture looks, great, fantastic but still not the same side by side with a good 35mm camera, lens and low ISO film.

If it looks the same to youit's time to add some more carrot and tomato in your salad.

BiLL

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote