Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 26, 2006, 5:13 PM   #1

I am picking up my Kodak P850 this weekend . I need to get the D-22 dock adapter though so I can use my dock (series 6000) with the P850. It just seems that no-one sells it locally so I guess I'll be ordering it from an online website but which one? Can anyone reccomend some good sites to order from, with a fast turn-around time (low shipping is a huge plus too!). I posted this in another forum as well but thought I'd better try here too since this IS the Kodak forum Thanks much!

Nik
scrappynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2006, 6:16 PM   #2

You can order it from Kodak.com or Bhphotovideo.com

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...amp;sku=393959

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...p;pq-path=6591

sameroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 8:01 PM   #3

amazon and overstock are my favorites.

go to froogle to find where and how much (a shop engine from google)

try a local best buy or staples (free frt from staples I think)

BiLL
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2006, 8:07 PM   #4

I trust B&H Photo Video And Kodak's web site! Not always the cheapest but they are dependable!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 3:58 PM   #5

Thanks for all the recomendations! I checked B&H and they didn't have the dock adapter I need so I went with Kodak's website. I ordered the adapter and this camera bag HEREand with tax, shipping and a 10% discount, my order was $30. Not bad!

Does anyone have that particular camera bag? I was looking at bags today at Walmart, Office Max & Office Depot and wasn't thrilled with any of the ones they had in stock. This one looks pretty nice but it's hard to tell from the one photo they have.

Nik
Old Jul 27, 2006, 4:20 PM   #6

Nik, I bought a camcorder bag from Wal-Mart for almost nothing as they had it in a closeout sale! Works great and has enough room for everything! It's more important to have enough room than to look chic!! LOL You can quote me on that if'n ya' wantz!!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 4:44 PM   #7

I got that bag. It came free with my camera as well as a dock.

It's pretty good... I can fit my cables, two batteries, a mini tripod, cleaning kit, two memory cards, the battery charger that comes with the camera, and one filter, and if you set it up all right...you should be able to fit another small camera. I can fit my Kodak Z700 camera in it with the p850.

scrappynik wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for all the recomendations! I checked B&H and they didn't have the dock adapter I need so I went with Kodak's website. I ordered the adapter and this camera bag HEREand with tax, shipping and a 10% discount, my order was $30. Not bad!

Does anyone have that particular camera bag? I was looking at bags today at Walmart, Office Max & Office Depot and wasn't thrilled with any of the ones they had in stock. This one looks pretty nice but it's hard to tell from the one photo they have.

Nik
sameroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 4:52 PM   #8

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Nik, I bought a camcorder bag from Wal-Mart for almost nothing as they had it in a closeout sale! Works great and has enough room for everything! It's more important to have enough room than to look chic!!
LOL! I could care less about looking chic :blah:I'm a major clearance shopper but my Walmart doesn't have much in that department unfortunatly.

Quote:
I can fit my cables, two batteries, a mini tripod, cleaning kit, two memory cards, the battery charger that comes with the camera, and one filter, and if you set it up all right...you should be able to fit another small camera. I can fit my Kodak Z700 camera in it with the p850

Holy moly! All that!! lol If that's the case, then I can take both my P850 and the DX7630 with me all the time :-)

Nik

Old Jul 27, 2006, 10:41 PM   #9

Our friendly kodak rep that came into my store (back when I worked for OfficeMax) gave us a dozen or so of those adapters to just give out for free when someone with a series II dock came in and purchased a newer, series III camera. If you happen to go into a store while a rep is in there, corner them and you might be able to squeeze one out of 'em :lol:

*edit* well it might help if I read the entire thread next time!

The two best times I've found for buying cameras or gear are about 2-3 weeks after christmas and mid may/june. Mid january you get all those unwanted/unneeded christmas presents on eBay as well as clearance prices on camera gear (got my P880 for $400 on eBay and a nice quantaray bag w/ water resistant top for a mere $12 at ritz!!) and may/june there's alot of graduations, so stores will drop prices to clear out stock before new models come out, usually in august/september.
wizbummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 1:25 PM   #10

I have the Bag, my camera, dv camcorder, cables and printer all fit very nice, It's great to go on vacation have a good day go back to room and print out a couple of pictures to show off.....
sll99 is offline   Reply With Quote