Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 2, 2006, 11:49 PM   #1

Hi all,

I dont post much but keep a track on this forum. Here there are great Kodakians. I love this forum for its photo quality. I am normally posting on dpreview forum. here are the shots from Miami Metro Zoo. Using Kodak DX6490.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=19440127

Atindra
Atindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 3, 2006, 12:01 AM   #2

Hey. Great shots. Though, I think the first one may be a little overexpoused...but, what do I know? I'm an ameature...

Hey, I think I've seen you on thoose forums...I'm not on that forum. (Not 18...<_< I can't wait to get my Kodak!!!! (Either a P850, or a P712.) I'll get the P712 if its 350$ by Christmas. If its like 400$...probally not.

Keep up the good work! ^_^

-En121
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 1:21 AM   #3

Atindra those are great! I love seeing the work of another DX6490 user! Are you thinking of moving to another camera soon or have you decided as I have that the 6490 still has it?

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:18 AM   #4

En121 wrote:
Quote:
Hey. Great shots. Though, I think the first one may be a little overexpoused...but, what do I know? I'm an ameature...

Hey, I think I've seen you on thoose forums...I'm not on that forum. (Not 18...<_< I can't wait to get my Kodak!!!! (Either a P850, or a P712.) I'll get the P712 if its 350$ by Christmas. If its like 400$...probally not.

Keep up the good work! ^_^

-En121
Yes you are right, it is little over exposed but in florida sun it is hard not to over expose. I did post it because of Moods of pelicans.

I too am in the same boat as you are I want P712 if it goes below $400 after release in stores in USA.

Thanks for comments

Atindra
Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:20 AM   #5

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Atindra those are great! I love seeing the work of another DX6490 user! Are you thinking of moving to another camera soon or have you decided as I have that the 6490 still has it?

Dawg
DX6490 is hard to part with. I may upgrade to P712 (pic quality seems OK to me, noise is bit higher) but not decided yet as price is too high.

Thanks for comments.

Atindra
Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:31 AM   #6

Well. The noise is a problem for me. I'll have to wait and
see how bad the noise really is. I'll need some samples.

-En121
Old Aug 3, 2006, 4:18 PM   #7

Great photos Atindra! I really like the tiger shot. We are heading to "our" zoo this weekend...it will be the P850's first time there

Nik
scrappynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:09 PM   #8

En121 wrote:
Quote:
Well. The noise is a problem for me. I'll have to wait and
see how bad the noise really is. I'll need some samples.

-En121
Check the samples on dpreview forum, where two members rgraham and kim has it and Rob graham has done its comparison with P850. Overall feeling was P712 has more details but more noise too at all ISOs with compare to P850. However shots upto ISO200 are very good unless you crop them too much. Color reproduction on P712 was less warmer with compared to P850. For P850 owner it doesnt warrent an upgrade but other Kodak owners may think of it.

Atindra
Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:09 PM   #9

scrappynik wrote:
Quote:
Great photos Atindra! I really like the tiger shot. We are heading to "our" zoo this weekend...it will be the P850's first time there

Nik
Thanks Nik,

Looking forward to see your Zoo through P850.

Atindra
Old Aug 3, 2006, 11:19 PM   #10

Yeah. I've seen thoose. I really didn't think the noise was that bad. I just need more samples. Like, dpreview review samples. Or, Steves samples!

I'm really looking forward to my Kodak camera! The Panorama stich mode has some serious possibilities. Could be awesome for beach shots. (We go to the beach once every year.) (Holden Beach NC.)

But, I won't be getting the P712 before our trip this year...

anyway, looking forward to seeing more pictures from the P712 showing up. And the comparison was really nice.

-En121