Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 6, 2006, 1:06 AM   #1

These are about ten miles away from my house, and the hiway runs right through them. There about 500 to 1000 feet above the hiway. Some times these big stones come loose and fall on the hiway and block the road between our two towns.
After getting the run amuck plant pic to post yesterday, I left out today to try the A setting on the new p850. It is so much different from my old camera a sony maciva fd75. I've only had the p850 about a month now and dont have any of the cool toys for it yet, some are in transit now the tube and some filters, tcon is next. When I told the wife that i wanted to buy a newer and better camera with all the accys. Well I got that LOOK You know the one just before they release the cast iron skillet. My wife has a black belt in cast iron skillet. She can make them go around corners there is no excape. Na she's realy a good ol gal. She's put up with my hobies and one, ok maybe two imperfections for over 20 years now. Well when I got home I hit the forum like a kid waking up to see if the tooth fairy left him something. and low and behold there was my new shinny quarter. The three people that I have read the most from in this place had left a message on my picture. I felt like break dancing. And if you had ever seen me thats a sight that would blind you for life.
So to Boily, Nik and Dawg I say thank you. and dawg I like the spelling kinda like fido
"Phydoux"
AY
Attached Images

aytheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 6, 2006, 1:07 AM   #2

another
Attached Images

Old Aug 6, 2006, 1:08 AM   #3

again
Attached Images

Old Aug 6, 2006, 1:08 AM   #4

another
Attached Images

Old Aug 6, 2006, 1:09 AM   #5

big ones
Attached Images

Old Aug 6, 2006, 1:10 AM   #6

last one
Attached Images

Old Aug 6, 2006, 10:18 AM   #7

Nice rock formations, I love the colours and the pictures are very crisp!!

I hope you will be posting some more!!

Welcome to the forum my friend:-)

Boily
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 12:14 PM   #8

aytheon wrote:
Quote:
When I told the wife that i wanted to buy a newer and better camera with all the accys. Well I got that LOOK You know the one just before they release the cast iron skillet.
LOL! I got a similar look from my husband :?

Those are some really neat photos Aytheon! Lucky you with all that beautiful scenery! Welcome to the forum

Niki:G
scrappynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 12:42 PM   #9

Great look'n photos aytheon! I hope you ordered the UV and polorizer filters to go with that camera! You'll need them in that Arizona sunshine! Keep up the good work! I'm truly enjoying them!

PS the Dawg is from the saying that .."if you can't run with the Big Dawgs then you need to stay on the porch"...I bought a Dodge pickup after owning a few smaller trucks! I went ahead and got the cummins diesel and a heavy towing package...so I told my wife it could run with the Big Dawgs and she told me I ought to name it that! I did and from then on folks would see the front tag that said Big Dawg and think it was about me! It's not really me but the pickup! Nobody listened so I got stuck with the moniker whether I wanted it or not! LOL Oh yeah that's the way folks say DOG here in Alabama! DAWG!

Dawg

Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2006, 3:40 PM   #10

Thanks so much for your comments. and yes the uv and polorizer are two of the filters that are comming. cant wait to see what they will do. I wish i would have known that this was going to be this much fun years ago.

AY