Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 10, 2006, 6:48 PM   #1

Anyone ever expierence problems with the Kodak easyshare software? I double click on the Kodak icon and nothing happens--nothing comes up. :evil:And when I hit the transfer button on the dock, nothing happens! Geesh, I am just full of problems today! lol (I couldn't go to work because my rim is cracked and is making my tire go flat! and the whole battery thing I posted about too!)

Niki
scrappynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2006, 7:42 PM   #2

Nik,

I take it the program was working and then stopped. If that is not the case, in other words it has never worked, then I would look at the DEP (Data Execution Prevention) in windows. I know I had to disable DEP for Kodak's installer, just so it would install.

To disable DEP
1. Right-click on My Computer, select Properties.
2. Click on the Advance Tab
3. Then go to the Settings for the Performance. Now you will see 3 tabs, the last being Data Execution Prevention.
4. Go to the DEP tab, and at the bottom you will see Turn on Data Execution Prevention for all programs and services except those I select. Now click Add and navigate to the executable file for Kodak Easyshare C:\Program Files\Kodak EasyShare Software\Bin. The file should be Easyshare.exe. Select it, click open.
5. Back at the DEP tab, click apply.

Now windows should not prevent the program from running. If that is not the problem then you will probably have to reinstall. When doing so, shutdown, disable any antivirus, spyware programs so they will not interfere with Kodak's install process..

Hope that helps ya'

Ron
ronpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 9:10 PM   #3

Try using Picasa from Google. Its easier to use then the easyshare software(lol), and MUCH more stable.
aeroshep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:45 PM   #4

NiKi

Sounds like you would be out of if not for bad luck!

BiLL

:?
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 3:02 AM   #5

the only problem with picasa is it won't upload your RAW files if you take any... and if you have the kodak software on youre computer... you are unable to use picasa.. at least thats how it is for me..

but I use picasa. it's a lot better

aeroshep1 wrote:
Quote:
Try using Picasa from Google. Its easier to use then the easyshare software(lol), and MUCH more stable.
sameroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 8:36 AM   #6

i hate the easyshare software, takes ages to transfer i just remove the card and stick it in teh card reader now!:-):-)
Red Royalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 9:02 AM   #7

I agree with what most of the responders have already said. Uninstall Easyshare from your PC. Use something else. Use a card reader like the pros do.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 1:03 AM   #8

Ok, so what's a card reader and what exactly does it do? lol I don't use any of the editing software, I have the dock and it's nice just to push a button and the photos upload (as well as keeping my camera battery charged up). Any editing, I use Photoshop Elements. Anways, I re-started my computer and now it works fine :?I've never been thrilled with the software, just the convinence of the dock :G

Niki
scrappynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 3:42 AM   #9

Here's a very common and popular one, Nik... You can keep it in your camera bag or leave it plugged into a USB port on your PC. Just remove the SD memory card from your P850 and plug it into the slot on the card reader.... Voila! Your PC (or Mac) sees it as a removable drive with its own drive letter. You can view your pics or copy/cut and paste them to your hard drive. What could be simpler? Actually 99% of new desktop PCs and laptops have card readers already built in. Or you can even get one installed on an older PC. So easy, so fast, NO software needed! Windows XP and Mac OS X do a great job of recognizing your image files and transferring them with a couple simple mouse or keyboard clicks.

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(1151)-SDDR-99-SanDisk_ImageMate_5In1_ReaderWriter.aspx

http://www.koutech.com/proddetail.asp?linenumber=156
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote