Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 11, 2006, 8:26 PM   #1

Will the kodak p850 work with 4 GB SD cards? I try looking for a topic where this has already been asked, but I didn't find one. I'm looking forward to getting a p850, and I was just wondering about this.

So, if anyone knows or can point me to a source that will tell me, I will be grateful.

Thank you.
HidalgoMasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:13 PM   #2

I haven't heard of compatability w/ 4gb, but I don't think it would matter. I have a 2gb in my P880 and that works just dandy!

Right now the 4gb are still too pricey for my consideration, costs shouldn't be over $30/gb for a reputable brand and high-speed transfer IMO!

I'm thinking of getting another 2gb myself, on my weekend trip to WV I ended up filling the entire card, even though I was being watchful of my remaining space and taking out the pics that were obviously bad.

On eBay, a few guys have 10-pack lots of primo 2gb cards for around $200... $20/gb? I say yes :G
wizbummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 10:17 PM   #3

I emailed kodak a while back with this question and they told me "no"
sameroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2006, 11:57 PM   #4

Iread (on a few different sites) that the 4gb cards will not work in the P850. The highest GB to use in the P850 would be the 2gb.

Niki
scrappynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 5:45 AM   #5

I couldn't say for sure about the P850, but I've had a 4 GB in my P880 no probs. I'd assume they are the same but try before you buy just to be on the safe side.

If you're ordering online, why not pop into a local camera store and ask them if you can test a 4 GB in your camera.
TheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 10:43 AM   #6

I hope they change this with the next firmware.
Yuma_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 7:09 PM   #7

What is kinda funny, I e-mailed Kodak about this same question about the P850 and they say the maximum it can take is 1 GB. And then they pointed me in the direction of their 1 GB cards they sell.

So since some of you use 2 GB cards, I already know that isn't always true. So maybe it is the same with 4 GB.
HidalgoMasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2006, 10:25 PM   #8

I am using a 2GB High Speed ATP card in my Kodak P850. However, I am almost certain 4GB's would not work. If you need that much space you should just get two 2GB cards (probably cheaper too).
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2006, 5:04 AM   #9

TheMachine wrote:
Quote:
...I've had a 4 GB in my P880 no probs.
Do you know for sure the camera is using 4 GB, Machine? It could be that it's using just 2 GB.

domang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 12:19 PM   #10

I have a P850 and just bought a 2gb Transcend miniSD card with SD convertor. The convertor is a piece of junk, but I had another one from a Kingston card that I was able to use. This card works on my PC and my Cingular 8125 Pocket PC Phone, but I get an error message when I put in in the camera. It says the memory card is incompatable and will not give me the option to format it. Any suggestions?
misery94 is offline   Reply With Quote