Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 16, 2006, 4:10 PM   #11

Correction, it will say focus zone in the menu. and, it should be avilable in auto mode. So, you don't have to use 'P' mode.
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 4:24 PM   #12

I leave mine on Single AF (AutoFocus), Center-Zone for focus and Center-Spot for exposure.

I suppose that other settings might be better for some scenes but I've been happy with the settings above.

From what I see in your picture, En121 is right. Center-Zone focus would have zeroed in on the child.

I also think you'll come to prefer Single AF over Continuous AF. With the latter the camera is constantly adjusting to where it happens to be pointed. IMO, that does nothing butdrain the battery.

I hope this works for you. If it does then you'll probably come to like the camera.
domang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 9:27 PM   #13

thanks everyone for your help that did help it a lot and was just taking pictures around the house and the pictures are much better. I'll know much more Saturday when we have a horse show and take pics all day..

I'll proabably have more questions but thanks for pointing me in the right direction

ken
muzicmaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 9:44 PM   #14

Enjoy the horse show.
domang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 8:33 PM   #15

still having problems...I was taking pictures this evening at dusk still very lightful outside but still my pictures are dark....

Here is one of my wife riding her horse this evening but it looks like it was takin' in the dead of night...

sorry for my lack of knowledge, I have played with the settings and the joy stick making it lighter and darker in the screen but still didn't help...
Attached Images

muzicmaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 8:58 PM   #16

[align=left]If you had it in auto mode, maybe it didn't sense the shutter speed right, or if you were in maual mode you had the shutter speed set way to fast... For action shots at night you should maybe do 1/80 and try to Pan with her... If that doesn't work, just try faster shutter speeds and if it gets to dark, because of shutter speeds, then you should maybe learn how to Pan-Blur......... You could also try, higher ISO speeds, but then you might get some digital noise. Also, try an F8!!!!!!!!!!:-)[/align]

[align=left]Tell me if this helps:G[/align]

[align=left]shooting_rubber.
[/align]
shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:58 PM   #17

Or you could try and call Eastman Kodak Co. and they will help you, or tell you to send it in, and they will fix the problem with the camera..... Maybe even send you a new one..... Eastman Kodak Co.. there customer service is really nice....:-)

shooting_rubber.
shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote