Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 16, 2006, 1:49 PM   #1

I bought this camera based on a few reviews I had seen. I have read the manual tried all the manual settings and every setting on the camera and every picture basically turns out like crap.

Took my daughter to the Wiggles concert and the pictures were so dark, blury, fuzzy everything. Even to just take her picture outside 90% of the time the pictures are fuzzy and blury.......

I was using a Fuji Finepix 3800 that took beautiful pictures just point and shoot....(It didn't take good pics in the dark as weel or when the sun was going down but it did take great pictures) The Kodak however doen't even do that for me...I know it's a more advanced camera than the Fuji Finepix 3800 but come on it should take simple point and shoot pics....

And I have no doubt that it could be me as well...I'm not a camera guru as well..lol so any help would be greatly and I mean greatly appriciated

Ken
muzicmaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 16, 2006, 2:03 PM   #2

What settings were you using? How much zoom were you using? We might be able to help you. Don't give up!

En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 2:23 PM   #3

I tried the Portrait, Auto and all the other settings.

I've never take the zoom pass the half way mark.

I"ve even played with the control stick to adjust the light as well..Sometimes I would get a pretty picture 1 out of about 50 shots taken. I'm really disappointed. IT's kind of hard to take pictures of the baby if ya got to play with the settings for 20 minutes to try to get the picture you needed 20 minutes ago...lol

thanks for reponding I hope you all can help me

ken
Old Aug 16, 2006, 2:26 PM   #4

Try using the sport mode with the flash, if you don't get clear pictures then the problem is with the camera...

Please try to post one picture you took...

Boily
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 2:56 PM   #5

Hi, muzik.

Any pictures of mine you see in this forum are with the Z650. Could be you got a dud and should return it. Before doing so you might want to do a reset (in the menus) to make sure you are starting from scratch with the best settings.

Good luck.
domang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2006, 3:39 PM   #6

Hmm.... Well, you probably got a defective camera. Maybe something with the auto focus. Do you half press the shutter? Or do you just push it down all the way? I'm not really sure as to what it could be. Other than its defective. We just have to figure out what's wrong.... :-)

-En121
Old Aug 16, 2006, 4:03 PM   #7

yea I have also reset the settings to default as well,

Now I do have to say t has taken a couple pictures that was absolutely beautiful but I do say a couple...

and yes it does seem like it takes a few secs for it to focus and when it does focus the brackets move to another object sometimes.

as you can see the grass is pretty....lol
Attached Images

Old Aug 16, 2006, 4:07 PM   #8

Hmm.... That looks like a focus issue. Try going into program mode and setting the auto focus center zone. And then put your subject in the middle of the scene! Then, when your subject is in focus half-press the the shutter button and then you can recompose your picture. I hope this helps.

Goodluck! ^_______^

-En121

Old Aug 16, 2006, 4:15 PM   #9

is that the continuos "AF" selection?

thanks for everyone's help
Old Aug 16, 2006, 5:06 PM   #10

No... It should be something like "AF zone" in the menus. Then select center zone. Goodluck!