Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 17, 2006, 12:03 AM   #1

Hey all, I plan to buy the Kodak C533 for a pocket camera, however I was wondering about the viewfinder. When you zoom in, does what you see in the viewfinder zoom with you?

I don't want to be seeing the whole picture and then estimating how much 3x zoom will get.

I'm not sure of this because my P850 has an electronic viewfinder, so the problem doesn't apply.
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2006, 2:47 AM   #2

Yes, it will zoom, with you. It works as my old HP Camera did. How, ever much you zoom, thats how much it will zoom in the viewfinder, even if it's not electronic.:-)

Add in: The digital zoom, will not zoom with the viewfinder......

shooting_rubber.

shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:18 AM   #3

Shooting rubber is correct for the most part... As long as you are using the optical zoom, the viewfinder zooms with you... The onlything with pocket camera's, though, is the digital zoom... if you bump into digital zoom, the viewfinder quits zooming.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:11 AM   #4

Ooo, that could get annoying with digi-zoom. I guess my best bet there would be to just turn it off and use photoshop for my digi-zoom, haha.

Well thanks all, I was scared I'd have to be guessing what I was zooming in on.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:34 AM   #5

The only problem with that is that most pocket cams don't allow you to turn it off... You can set them to be continuous or where they stop and you have to push the zoom button again. Just make sure it's not set to continuous, then you will be good.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 1:23 PM   #6

Thats fine, I set it like that on my P850 as well, as long as it's not continous there's not problem.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 1:28 AM   #7

Well I just looked at the camera. I think it's too big... do any of the other C series cameras have a smaller body?
Old Aug 18, 2006, 7:12 AM   #8

Looking at Kodak's website and it looks like most are about the same size,the c360 looks smaller but dimensions show it's only .3 in smaller. If I remember correctly you are interested in a small camera with a view finder. The point & shoot are about as small as Kodak gets with a view finder.
Steve
syoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 10:39 AM   #9

You could probably get the Kodak C340 or maybe the Kodak C743.............. If, you don't like either of those, you could probably move to Canon A540, or the Nikon Coolpix L1 or P2....... If you don't like those or they are toooooo expensive, maybe move to Casio Exilim's, but I don't know much about those..... My first choice would be the Kodak C743 and the Canon PowerShot A540.......:-)

shooting_rubber.
shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 11:24 AM   #10

Those are all nice cameras Shooting_Rubber, however I'm looking for something a lot cheaper. Where I live those cameras you suggested are almost all as expensive as the Kodak P850! And I don't want to spend more on my pocket camera than on my main one.

I think I might have to give up on the viewfinder yet...