Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 22, 2006, 1:34 AM   #1

I am amatuer photographer Here is my first pic of moving water in slow shutter speed, actually this i taken in bright daylight and after i just edit in Photoshop, taken by Kodak 6490,

Please leave here comments and sugestion, in fact i still don't have any filter to cut the bright light.

Thanks
Attached Images

indianguy077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 22, 2006, 9:26 AM   #2

My opinion:

That looks like a hardscene to capture in the bright light. For the water to not be too bright the rocks must be too dark.

Maybe because of the sun or maybe because of a too slow shutter speed, the water appears more a blur than in motion.

Almost a very nice pic. Maybe a different time of day would allow you the right capture.
domang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:55 AM   #3

Rajiv..When you can... a Neutral density filter and in this case a Gradual Gray Neutral density filter willl help keep from blowing out the highlights! A polorizing filter can also help by blocking out the reflected light from the water. A very nice photo to me even without the filters! Keep it up!!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:27 AM   #4

Thanks a lots for comments, It mean i m going right ?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 1:17 AM   #5

I have to admit, I'm a little bit surprised at the comments, that is an amazing shot! I think that the bright water adds to it. Only the top of the shot could use any work whatsoever (just a bit too much white). For the most part, that is one of the better shots I've seen, great work!
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:55 AM   #6

indianguy077 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks a lots for comments, It mean i m going right ?

I think you're going right.

One thing: We allhave different monitors and all see slightly different contrasts and colors. In a different forum, someone said that all of my pictures were light and suggested that my monitor might be set too dark. I checked that and decided he was right and adjusted my monitor.

I like your picture above. I like therunning water and that it is light against the richly dark rocks and moss. But to me the detail of the water and rocksis obscured for the water being too light and the rocks too dark. It looks like the bright sunlight makes the contrast between light and dark too much for the camera to deal with.

domang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 12:08 PM   #7

You are correct there Domang and that was why I suggested a ND filter would help with it! Also you are correct about the monitor or gamma set up of differing monitors. Always good to check that from time to time. Photoshop and photoshop elements has the gamma correction program built in!

Dawg
Old Aug 24, 2006, 1:06 AM   #8

Thanks friends for commnets.

One more question, what is difference between a shot taken same kind ( moving water , slow sutter speed) in soft light and other in hard light with nd filter, wheater the effect will same or not ?

thanks
Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:38 AM   #9

Be pretty much the same .

Dawg