Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 22, 2006, 2:19 PM   #1

Anyone in this forum want a Digital SLR(Single Lens Reflex) Or is just happy with their Kodak how it is?? I think that my Kodak P850 is performing very well...
shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 22, 2006, 2:55 PM   #2

Me! But I can't afford it and can't justify paying that much for a camera right now! lol Believe me, I am VERY happy with my 850 but theres a particular DSLR that I dream of

Niki
scrappynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 3:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Me! But I can't afford it and can't justify paying that much for a camera right now! lol Believe me, I am VERY happy with my 850 but theres a particular DSLR that I dream of
Exactly the same thing for me !!

I dream of the day I will get a nikon d200 :-)
Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 3:37 PM   #4

Same as the other two! I want a DSLR... but, too expensive. And, I'm probably not ready for one. So, I'm gonna get me a Kodak P712, (hopefully! :roll then maybe a DSLR. Probably a nikon D80 or something. Or whatever is out by that time. XDD
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 3:40 PM   #5

I want the picture quality of a dSLR.

I don't want the weight and bulk of a dSLR. I don't want the worry of the breaking or theft of an expensive camera.

In a different forum someone posted pics taken from a tour boat. She said that people with expensive cameras put them away in plastic bags to protect them from the salt spray from the ocean.
domang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 3:41 PM   #6

With the quality and range of todays digital camera's and some of the software for enhancement, it is hard to justify the added expense of a DSLR, at least for me.

If your a professional, then that is a different issue
Flying Fossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 4:02 PM   #7

Boilywrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly the same thing for me !!

I dream of the day I will get a nikon d200 :-)

Don't you have to buy lenses for differen't aperatures and zoom rangesand all that???
shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 4:30 PM   #8

Yep.... I've said it before. I'm totally satisfied with the P850.... but next year I WILL have a DSLR even if I have to sell my soul to buy it!
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 4:33 PM   #9

Yes, you do. but, if you want top quality photos, you need a DSLR! Besides, I think it would be fun chsnging lenses for different situations. And the features and picture quality are top noch! You can't reall compare a normal dgig cam, to a DSLR. Its just not fair.

But, DSLR's are very expensive. So, if you want the best image quality and features for your camera, you'll have to get a DSLR. But, be prepared for the price.

Cheers.

-En121
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 6:20 PM   #10

It would definatly not be worth the money for me. Zoom range is one aspect of this.

Take a P850 and add a Tcon 1.7, that gives you a 743mm zoom range... for a DSLR, you will pay more than the P850 and Tcon TOGETHER for a lens with 400mm zoom... not to mention what the camera body would cost (upwards of $1000).

If you want to get the kind of zoom you can get for cheap with normal prosumers cameras, you need lots and LOTS of money...

So for me, money is the issue, I'd like one, but not until I have money to burn, haha.
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote