Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 22, 2006, 3:55 PM   #1

Boy, do I feel stupid. I haven't been able to check it out because I am at work. But, my wife has used and can't tell if the camera has ruined in any way. It seems to take pictures but.....

Any suggestions as to how to dry it out?:-?:-?
ironalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 22, 2006, 4:00 PM   #2

Well, Maybe you should just let it air dry for maybe 24-48 hours, or call the Kodak Customer Service Line and they will tell you what to do.:-)

shooting_rubber.
shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 4:11 PM   #3

ironalek wrote:
Quote:
Boy, do I feel stupid. I haven't been able to check it out because I am at work. But, my wife has used and can't tell if the camera has ruined in any way. It seems to take pictures but.....

Any suggestions as to how to dry it out?:-?:-?

Was it in a case??? OR just sitting out there? If it can take pictures you should also make sure all of the buttons work and all of the modes work.... Make sure everything on the camera works and if it does, you should be fine or you can call Kodak and tell them the situation and they will tell you what to do:G

shooting_rubber.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 4:15 PM   #4

I already sent an e-mail. I haven't had a chance to actually look at it.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 4:17 PM   #5

ironalek wrote:
Quote:
I already sent an e-mail. I haven't had a chance to actually look at it.

Ok......

Well when you do do all of this:

Quote:
Was it in a case??? OR just sitting out there? If it can take pictures you should also make sure all of the buttons work and all of the modes work.... Make sure everything on the camera works and if it does, you should be fine or you can call Kodak and tell them the situation and they will tell you what to do:G
shooting_rubber.:-)
Old Aug 22, 2006, 8:48 PM   #6

Yikes! Definatly take the battery out and leave the battery door open so that it can dry inside so that no rust or corosion occurs on the battery contacts. (My daughter spilled water on her Gameboy DS and certain things worked, others did not...we took battery out and air dried it for almost 48 hours and works as new now.) Good luck!

Niki
scrappynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2006, 9:19 PM   #7

scrappynik wrote:
Quote:
Yikes! Definatly take the battery out and leave the battery door open so that it can dry inside so that no rust or corosion occurs on the battery contacts. (My daughter spilled water on her Gameboy DS and certain things worked, others did not...we took battery out and air dried it for almost 48 hours and works as new now.) Good luck!

Niki

I forgot to mention whatscappynik said.....:G
Old Aug 23, 2006, 7:27 PM   #8

Did all those things (that everyone mentioned) today. I let it dry and took some pics. It seems the autofocus isn't working very well. I would bet that some of the receptors got wet and perhaps dirty. :sad::sad::sad::sad:

The e-mail from Kodak says they want $135 to do the repair. That's nuts. They run the price up so you buy a new one. :angry::angry:

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't think Kodak would be such a rip.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 7:57 PM   #9

If you have one year warranty through the manufacterer, it should be fine, and if the autofocus isn't working, does it have manual focus??

shooting_rubber.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 8:59 PM   #10

Ironalek

I had a the same Kodak experience regarding their flat rate repair charge. The only thing more absurd is their second option for a refurb of their choice.

Just save the old camera for use as a viewer or to connect to your tv to see your pictures.

BiLL

:|
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote