Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 24, 2006, 3:50 AM   #1

Here i m posting a pic taken of a monument in my city. This pic is taken in single shot and after i just crop it to become like panaroma. I m posting low resoultion pic because of size problem.

Plesae give any comments for this type of shots, i'll keep in mind in future.

Thanks
Attached Images

indianguy077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:36 AM   #2

Needs better focus especially at a lower resolution! Was there a lot of haze when you shot this? The reason I ask is that haze in the atmosphere between the camera and the subject can cause distortions making the photo blur! A UV haze filter can help there!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 12:59 PM   #3

Indianguy

If you love panoramic pictures as I do and many of the other Kodak users here you must down load the free program called AUTOSTICH. Very easy to use.

Here is one from several horizontal exposures. A stronger image results from verticle images.

With this program a tripod is not needed. Just make sure each exposure has some over laping of the subject matter and try to keep a straight horizon as you take the exposures.

Minimal cropping will most often be called for to make the top and bottom sttraight.

Waiting to see some super shots of the open markets and where they do all the out door fabric coloring etc.

BiLL

:|
Attached Images

bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 4:53 AM   #4

bill2468 wrote:

Thanks a lot Bill for that info, infact this is not a pano shot, But i very much like pana shots, i have also taken , post soon. Can u have any idea about that "automate" featrue in Photoshop CS 9. i m using that for panorama shots.

thanks for nice reply.
Quote:
Indianguy

If you love panoramic pictures as I do and many of the other Kodak users here you must down load the free program called AUTOSTICH. Very easy to use.

Here is one from several horizontal exposures. A stronger image results from verticle images.

With this program a tripod is not needed. Just make sure each exposure has some over laping of the subject matter and try to keep a straight horizon as you take the exposures.

Minimal cropping will most often be called for to make the top and bottom sttraight.

Waiting to see some super shots of the open markets and where they do all the out door fabric coloring etc.

BiLL

:|
Old Aug 25, 2006, 8:00 AM   #5

I have no experience with the Adobe panorama feature. The Auto Stitch is very easy to use and stiches both horozontal and verticle ditection. Thus you not limited to long thin strip pictures.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Your cropping to simulate a wide panorama shot is resulting your having to greatly enlarging your cripped image to the degree that it is starting to look overly enlarged.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"This was made with 3 images via auto stitch (This past winter snow storm from my front door)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"BiLL
Attached Images

Old Aug 25, 2006, 8:04 AM   #6

This was made from 3 horizontalrows of pictures taken hand held of the hospital I work at.

BiLL
Attached Images

Old Aug 25, 2006, 8:23 AM   #7

U R great man, I must learn something from u.

Thanks