Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 24, 2006, 7:02 PM   #1

Hehe... We just got back from target. I tried out like 5 cameras! It was fun. I tried 5 cameras.

I tried a Kodak Z650, a Fuji S5900 or something... a canon SD900, (didn't really like that one...) a Sony H2, and a Panny TZ3! (I think)

I really didn't like the panny... I think the ISO was messed up or something. But, I think it was in auto mode...o.o I didn't like the Canon because it was so small... really small.... the fuji was decent. the Sony was ok. I liked the Kodak. I should have used that flash more with that one... it was a lot smaller than it looks online! XD I wasn't really used to the feel of any of them. But, it was nice. The 10x zoom and the 12x zoom were pretty cool. the Sony was the only one with 12x, I think. Very cool though. the Kodak didn't seem to like the lighting in target... it kept using a slow shutter, I think. Don't know why. It wasn't exactly 'low light.'

Hehe... Gonna hopefully go down to best buy on the weekend to see if they have a P880 or something. Target had a bunch of Kodak's, but, I only tried the Z650. The rest were C and V series cameras. There was only one V series I think... a lot of the C's though. XD

Hoping best buy will have either the P880 or the P850 if we go! Or more Z series or V series ones.

Cheers.

-En121
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2006, 7:19 PM   #2

I know they had the P850's at best buy, they might be selling the P712 instead though. I never saw an 880 in any store I went to

Quick check on their website, they don't list the 850 at all, the 880 is online only, and the 712 isn't even listed!

Maybe check out a camera store instead they usually have more knowledgable staff, and typically a better selection, plus you can get most of the accessories you'll want there, or at least pricing on them.
wizbummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 7:43 PM   #3

I have a Z650. I like it but if I were buying now I would want the Z612 although that is more expensive.

As Boily has shown, the P850 is capable of giving some very good pics. Hopefully, the P712 will prove to be better.
domang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 7:51 PM   #4

Hehe... we don't really have a speciality camera shop.. we have a ritz at the mall, but, who wants to go there? <___< Bad prices... and what not. I know bestbuy doesn't list the P850 or the P712. I'm just going there to test out some cameras. Wanna see if the P880 is there, and if it feels good in my hands.

Cheers.

-En121

Old Aug 24, 2006, 7:52 PM   #5

Yeah. I'm not looking to buy those or anything. they're just fun to mess with at the store. I mainly wanted to test the kodak. And, I did. Hopefully I be able to test more at bestbuy.

-En121
Old Aug 24, 2006, 8:01 PM   #6

FYI:

With Best Buy you can order manycameras online and pick them up in many of their stores. As can be seen here, http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....questid=106492, both the Z650 and the Z612 can be ordered that way.
domang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 8:09 PM   #7

I'm getting my new camera for Christmas. Hopefully the P712. ^_^
Old Aug 24, 2006, 8:13 PM   #8

The ONLY retail store that I've seen the P850 in is Sam's Club. That's where I got mine and I know for a fact they still have them on display as well as for sale. So if you havea Sam's nearby, you might want to check them out. Good luck! :G

Niki
scrappynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2006, 8:20 PM   #9

Hehe. We have a Sam's nearby. And a membership! XD I checked at there site... it said there wasn't any at our store.

I'm just having some fun trying cameras... I'm already itching for my P712... I wanted to try a Kodak. XD
Old Aug 24, 2006, 9:49 PM   #10

Actually, I got my p850 from Wal-Mart... I work in the photo labthere and the day we got them in stock I picked one up for$299minus my 10% discount (I think I got a good deal) then 4 days later we were out and haven't gotten any since then.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote