Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 24, 2006, 11:39 PM   #1

Well I finally decided to stop being lazy and actually post process my pictures beyond just sticking a copyright into the corner... and wow... I'm never going to NOT post process again. Anyone who doesn't yet, buy a good image editor and post process all your decent shots! It improves them hugely!

Attached Images

Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:05 AM   #2

Awesome post-processing! Especially the first one!

Niki
scrappynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 7:11 AM   #3

Both pics looking nice after post-processings, can u tell me which is best software to post-processing.

thanks
indianguy077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 7:45 AM   #4

Morag, once you get more into it, you'll develop a "work flow", where your image editing software is configured just how you like it and you have your favorite tools at hand and become very adept with them. I do very "quick and dirty" post processing on about 20 to 50 photos a day with Photoshop. Usually only amounts to some fast shadow/highlight or levels adjustments then some minor cropping and sharpening. Occasionally I start with a technically excellent photo, but I have to miraculously make a car or tree disappear!

Also search on Google for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements tutorials. You can find some great little mini-videos on various sites like PhotoShop TV, illustrating how to get the most out of your software.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:46 AM   #5

IndianGuy, I use Photoshop Elements 4.0. It only costs about $100 now and I have been very happy with it.

FaciaBrut, I was able to post process these very quickly, although probably not as well as somebody used to it could do in the same time.

My method was basically to first enhance the Colour Saturation (makes the leaves a nicer green and the skies a nicer blue), which I feel was the most important change.

After that I just adjusted the contract, highlights, brightness, etc. All in all, this processing took about a minute per photo.
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:02 PM   #6

I post process about 3/4 of my photos. I get lucky sometimes and no improvement is needed. I most times state if a photo is not post processed!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote