Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 25, 2003, 8:36 AM   #1

Default Dx4330 Picture Count

I just purchased the dx4330 a few days ago and got a 32m memory card with it-with the memory card installed the camera says I should have 89 pictures availble-according to the book that came with the camera and l have read it should allow at least 138 pics on "Good" setting. Can anybody tell me why this is only showing 89 available? I am sure that I have the camera set for "Good"setting. Ive had previous Kodak digitals.

Rocko
rocko48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2003, 12:52 PM   #2

assuming you have the camera on the right setting, the one thing i can think of is, on the good setting your camera will atleast take 89 pictures but not all pictures are the same file size, depending on picture info some of the files might be much smalller in size allowing you to take more pictures. I will bet you will be able to take more then 100
kschewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2003, 1:02 PM   #3

Try filling up the card in a photo session and you will most likely be able to fit more pictures than the manual says or the camera says.

I have a 128 MB card and the manual says I can fit 131 pictures in the best quality setting. I once took 130 pictures using best quality and the camera still said I could fit 10 more which I guess in practice could have been 15.

The number given by the camera and in the manual are guesstimates. Why they differ? I don't know. But the reason you can get more pictures than the guesstimates is that the actual size of each image file will vary according to the degree of compression possible with each image. One factor that affects this is the complexity of the image. The more details the image has, the bigger the resulting file size will be, and therefore, less images will fit in the same memory space.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2003, 2:12 PM   #4

Default Dx4330 Picture Count

Ok thanks guys-I kinda had the feelin that would be the answer but I just wanted to check with somebody who had more knowledge of how this camera worked in case I had a setting wrong somewhere.

Thanks,
Rocko
rocko48 is offline   Reply With Quote