Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:44 PM   #1

I still have my old Minolta 7000 Maxxum and a bunch of lens filters for it.
They are 49mm and I believe I need 55mm for the new Kodak.

Do any of you know of an adapter I could get to utilize these lenses?
Probably not, but you don't know if you don't ask.

Thanks
Flying Fossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2006, 3:45 PM   #2

You can buy a step-down ring but I don't know if its going to cause vignetting... You should try it :-)

They cost around 8 $ !!
Here is an example of how it looks !!

Boily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 6:56 PM   #3

Boily wrote:

Thanks, I'll try and get one next week

Old Aug 27, 2006, 7:27 PM   #4

Be sure you use an adapter tube to mount them or the lens will bump into them when it extends! They can work for you if you zoom out some. But they will limit you in how you shoot. Deffinitly will cause some dark corners and edges at the wider angles! I have a large collection for my Pentax K1000 SLR and tried some when I first got my DX6490. Didn't like the results so I went for the 55 mm sized ones. Been happy with them ever since.

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2006, 8:50 PM   #5

I think your right bigdawg. Thought I would explore the cheapie (ones I have route first but it appears I would be much better of just getting the 55mm's and eleminate potential problems.
It's tough being thrifty.

bigdawg wrote:

Quote:
Be sure you use an adapter tube to mount them or the lens will bump into them when it extends! They can work for you if you zoom out some. But they will limit you in how you shoot. Deffinitly will cause some dark corners and edges at the wider angles! I have a large collection for my Pentax K1000 SLR and tried some when I first got my DX6490. Didn't like the results so I went for the 55 mm sized ones. Been happy with them ever since.

Dawg
Old Aug 27, 2006, 9:09 PM   #6

If you want to meet thrifty ...you should meet my wife. She learned at an early age how to squeeze the most from every penny.... Saying that she was the one that insisted I get the 55mm filters instead of wasting time on my old filters. I've been grateful for her advice and consent ever since. I think you'll be better served going that route and it doesn't have to be that expensive! Go first with Tiffen or General brand then after you're certain of the ones you want, try Hoyas or Cokins or B+W's! Happy shooting my friend!

Dawg
Old Sep 15, 2006, 12:24 PM   #7

Ok, I am off to a local camera store to pick up a 55mm circular polarizer lense for the P712. Will I need a lense adapter to utilize it?

I am ordering the adapter and the tcon 17 from B&H today also.

Now I am going to need a camera bag and lense brushes and cleaning kits and all that crap. :lol:

Looking forward to the upgrades.

Old Sep 15, 2006, 1:30 PM   #8

Funny, my adapter just came in today about an hour ago and I ordered the TCON from B&H yesterday. Should be getting it Monday. My Tiffin filters came in about three days ago from Adorama and now I'll be set. For a while I guess.
Bursie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 9:26 PM   #9

Flying Fossil wrote:
Quote:
Ok, I am off to a local camera store to pick up a 55mm circular polarizer lense for the P712. Will I need a lense adapter to utilize it?

I am ordering the adapter and the tcon 17 from B&H today also.

Now I am going to need a camera bag and lense brushes and cleaning kits and all that crap. :lol:

Looking forward to the upgrades.

Yes you will need the adapter to utilize the polorizer. It also can be used with the TCON, by stacking them together with first the adapter then the polorizer then the TCON. When you need to rotate the polorizer to get rid of reflections you turn the tcon and the polorizer wil also turn!

Dawg