Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:59 AM   #21

Thanks everyone for the ideas and happy birthdays... I have decided to get a new computer. I just got CS2 and my computer is so slow with it's 555mhz processor, it just gets aggrivated waiting almost a full minute for CS2 to start up so I got to thinking... Maybe a new computer.
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:59 AM   #22

:|
Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:00 AM   #23

Yeah. You might want to get an alien ware. A good one, if you can afford one... Or an HP media center PC. With core duo processor and 1gig of RAM. And a hgih end video card...

Happy birthday! :|
En121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:34 AM   #24

Yeah... Well those would be nice, but money doesn't permit me to buy either of them

I know a lot of people dog them, but I haven't had any problems with my eMachines computer since I got it several years ago, and they're cheap and easily upgraded. So I think I am going to get one of those. 3.20GHz Intel Celeron D and 2GB Ram should make me happy, especially since I am used to 555mHz/256mb.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 9:25 PM   #25

I've got nothing against emachines and other budget brands; even though I usually build my own computers, I bought a compaq because, well, I couldn't build one as cheap with the same components. HOWEVER, I would recommend getting something with a core2 duo instead if a celeron D, even if the clock speed is less (more and more, people are realizing that more GHz doesn't always mean better performance). The improved instructions and TRUE dual-core architecture (rather than virtual) will be enormously beneficial, and RAM is getting quite cheap now (as low as $60 for a gig of DDR2). Simply put, get whatever is most forward-compatible, not necessarily the fastest out of the gate. Core2 duo, DDR2, SATA2, and PCI-express support!
wizbummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 12:28 PM   #26

Change of plans... Getting my uncle to custom build a computer for me... and yes, it does have the Pentium Core Duo processor... and it's cheaper!
Old Aug 30, 2006, 12:32 PM   #27

cool! wish i could get that!

shooting_rubber.
shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote