Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:27 PM   #1

I like the windows program Storybook 2 (it's for free). To view it pc must have media 10.

I want to be able to carry a slide show with me on a isb flash drive and not have to care what is in the hosts p.c. system.

Shouls be nice and easy to use, have its own music that adjusts to length of slide show and have a assortment of transitions.

Has anyone tried the Photo Elements slide show feature?

BiLL

:?
bill2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2006, 3:13 PM   #2

I use NeroVision, (Comes with Nero 7), and make a Video DVD., then i can play it on most anything. Including the TV.
Thegreygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:35 AM   #3

Hi Bill - I tried the Elements slide show. Worked pretty well. I don't know if I would want to try one with huge amounts of pics (200 +). I burned to a cd, but it would not play on some dvd players (have to be more recent models). I was able to play it on the dvd player in our SUV.

Dawn
in_the_gym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 11:51 AM   #4

Thanks Dawn!

I never show more than 25 slides. It's better to make them want more than to hear them snore! or fall on the floor because their legs fell asleep.

I like to carry a presentation or 2 or 3 on a usb flash drive. I have 2 128mb's and a 64mb.

I like windows photo story 2 (or 3) but it requires media player 10 and I do not want to have to down load programs on other peoples machines (some tend to get bent out of shape)

I also was looking into making small slide shows for salespeople to show their wares kind of like a digital catalog that they could carry and down load to their pc.

BiLL

:|
Old Aug 30, 2006, 12:52 PM   #5

Hmm, is the elements one that easy to use?

I have a bunch of USB drives, a 2GB, a 512 and a 128... maybe I should make some.
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2006, 3:41 PM   #6

I get sale notices from computor surplus (or is it surplus comutor, their logo is a little pc with feet and a face)

They have what looks like a sd reader with a usb plug on it so you can store pictures, slide shows etc on a sd memory chip of your choice and plug it into a usb port and use it like a usb flash drive.

This place often has small memory chips (64mb or less cheap). They are also a good source of sd memory chips of all sizes and often have free frt.

BiLL

Old Aug 30, 2006, 6:47 PM   #7

I read my SD card with a device like that Bill. I plug the SD card into it then plug it into the USB port. So in a pinch, I can combine my USB and SD memory to give me a total of about 5GB of memory!:G

I live in Canada so it's harder to find cheap SD memory (those online sites arn't worth it because you have to factor in shipping + border tax).
Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:34 PM   #8

You have to make a weekend mini vacation over the border and do a little shopping on the side.

A order from a place like Amazon or others can be sent to the hotel or relatives home you will be at waiting for you.

I was in Maine for a vacation and there wer tons of tourists from Canada shopping at the factory outlets.

BiLL

Old Aug 30, 2006, 10:32 PM   #9

Now if only I had relatives in the states, haha. My family is all Canadian, even the extended family.