Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 2, 2006, 9:01 AM   #11

I use OnOne Genuine Fractals 4.1 as a last resort with really crappy photos (file size about 15k, 150 dpi, 220 pixels wide). Yesterday I was forced to use it on a batch of about 25 pictures to bring them up to a whopping printable size of 2.5 inches wide @ 300dpi. The photos look bad when displayed at 100% in Photoshop, but are passable when printed at 2 to 2.5 inches width.

Genuine Fractals is only slightly better than typical resizing in Photoshop, but saves a lot of time. I don't think I could justify the cost for home (non-commercial) use.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 3:05 PM   #12

I've done a couple landscape prints 20 x 30" at 5mp with the 7590. Printed by Shutterfly. As mentioned, you do lose quality. But hanging over the sofa, they look fine when standing 6 feet away ! My wife has even let them stay there:shock:, so they can't be too bad.

Dan

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 5:49 PM   #13

dan279 wrote:
Quote:
I've done a couple landscape prints 20 x 30" at 5mp with the 7590. Printed by Shutterfly. As mentioned, you do lose quality. But hanging over the sofa, they look fine when standing 6 feet away ! My wife has even let them stay there:shock:, so they can't be too bad.

Dan
Thanks Dan...

shooting_rubber.

shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote