Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 31, 2006, 6:54 PM   #1

Hello,

I was just wondering what the largest print size the P850 can do?? Is there any software, where you resize the image bigger, without losing quality of the image... Well not noticeable quality?

shooting_rubber.

shooting_rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2006, 9:06 PM   #2

Old Aug 31, 2006, 9:32 PM   #3

I have been told that it can make decent 12 x 18 prints if you simply resize the picture (no special program). I have yet to try this, but if I do, I'll post results.
Morag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2006, 9:36 PM   #4

Morag2 wrote:
Quote:
I have been told that it can make decent 12 x 18 prints if you simply resize the picture (no special program). I have yet to try this, but if I do, I'll post results.
Is there a special program? That gives, no visible quality loss?

shooting_rubber.

Old Aug 31, 2006, 9:44 PM   #5

There is no such thing as a program that gives no quality loss. I've heard their are expensive programs that can do very well, but if you take a 5MP picture and make it 2 feet by 3 feet, it's going to have a noticeable quality loss.

To have perfect picture quality on the P850, you can print 8.5" x 5.76". That is puny, quite a bit smaller than a sheet of paper.

Take the quality to what most people say is no different then perfect to the human eye and you can print 12.96" x 8.64". Not bad, about the size of a looseleaf paper. This should look fine from close up.

Now say that people will be viewing your picture from 5 feet away? Then 25.92" x 17.28" should look just fine. Thats a pretty big shot.

It all depends on how the picture will be used.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 9:48 PM   #6

ok...

shooting_rubber.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 9:56 PM   #7

Did I leave something unclear there Shooting Rubber? I'm just learning too but let me know if you have more questions and I'll explain as best I can.

I don't think I answered your question too well on second thought though. There are programs that help with making a picture bigger and lose a bit less clarity. But you will never get a perfect looking picture once it's blown up. So a program will help, but not much, but you can get decent sized prints from the P850.
Old Sep 1, 2006, 5:55 PM   #8

Morag2 wrote:
Quote:
Did I leave something unclear there Shooting Rubber? I'm just learning too but let me know if you have more questions and I'll explain as best I can.

I don't think I answered your question too well on second thought though. There are programs that help with making a picture bigger and lose a bit less clarity. But you will never get a perfect looking picture once it's blown up. So a program will help, but not much, but you can get decent sized prints from the P850.
Do you know of any programs?

shoting_rubber.

Old Sep 1, 2006, 6:24 PM   #9

TO Shooting-rubber

This is a program that I have read on and that I have seen a picture done by a gentleman in the club and it does an exception job on a photo. You do it in percent's at a time and then resize in photoshop. It was a write up in the March 2006 issue of Shutterbug magazine on it. You can go to their website fo more information. Maybe this will be what you are looking for. You can get a trail version online and I thinf Version 4.1 are newer is about $160.00. Check it out.

www.OnOnesoftware.com

Richard
RMR52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 9:57 PM   #10

Thank-you RMR52!!! and eveyone else....

shooting_rubber.