Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Konica Minolta (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/konica-minolta-26/)
-   -   Dimage Xi Questions (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/konica-minolta-26/dimage-xi-questions-7085/)

Ekin Feb 14, 2003 7:24 PM

Dimage Xi Questions

I've been looking at purchasing an ultra compact camera and found myself looking at the Dimage X because of its 3X optical zoom. Then I heard its image quality was subpar and the viewfinder only showed the center 1/4th of the picture being taken. Furthermore, I heard some options were difficult to navigate (like deleting photos, for example)

Now, since the Dimage Xi is essentially un upgraded model of the X, I was wondering how many of these problems had been fixed. I guess I'm also asking the people that own the X or the Xi how happy they are with their cams.

Thanks!

photoaddict Feb 14, 2003 8:34 PM

Hi,

I have the Dimage X and its fine for what I want it for. I carry it around with me all the time so I can take photos of my kids whenever I want to. The optical view finder does not show the full image but I just generally cut it close because I know the picture will be wider than what I see. Outdoor image quality is great. Indoor tends to be too red and sometimes a little unperdictable. Once you get used to navigating through the menus its not a problem. I guess you are trading off some things for the compact size. And it really is compact. But if your having doubts, why not a F100? Its not much more and its still pretty compact and gets great reviews.

Ekin Feb 16, 2003 1:12 PM

Thanks for the help :D

I checked out the F100 at a local store and it looks like it may be too big for what I want it for (ie a take anywhere, anytime camera) I'm still looking at the Dimage X and the Sond DSC-U10, though I've been kicking around the idea of just going a bit bigger, in which case your advice on the F100 will come in handy.

Makal Feb 23, 2003 6:16 PM

[quote="Ekin"]Thanks for the help :D

I checked out the F100 at a local store and it looks like it may be too big for what I want it for

If you still are looking for a small camera, I can tell you that Xi is exactly for you. I have it for one week and I love Her. In fact, indoor photos seem to be too red sometime, but I don`t care, outside ones are great, especially during sunshine. As I can see
Xi is much more improved then X, so don`t worry about your doubts. And that size, wow...

Ekin Feb 28, 2003 1:54 AM

Thanks for all the comments; thanks to you guys I've limited my list down to two or three cameras and the Dimage Xi is pretty close to the top :)

Mathew Mar 5, 2003 11:47 PM

Dear Photoaddict, since you are having the Dimage X, may I ask u a few questions. Since the Xi is more than 100 dollars extra, I plan to go for X. When, where and for what price u bought it. I am told that it is available for $250 now. Is it OK. The video clips recorded on this camera - can it be seen on full screen on TV? How is the clarity. Sorry for asking too many questions.